5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 RAM sport is not fitting in 18 X 19 garage

jdmartin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This reminds me of the people you see that buy a gas grill, big screen tv, etc. and wonder why it doesn't fit in the trunk of their civic. Not helpful response, but I brought a truck home to make sure it would fit in the garage.
I have a property company, one time I saw a house where the owners had sawzalled a huge chunk out of the front door siding and header in order to bring some piece of furniture inside :rolleyes:

netshadoe

Reaction score
This reminds me of the people you see that buy a gas grill, big screen tv, etc. and wonder why it doesn't fit in the trunk of their civic. Not helpful response, but I brought a truck home to make sure it would fit in the garage.
Lol! Barring that, if it's too far from a dealer to take it home to measure, the website lists the trucks length as 232.9 inches.
Simple math would tell the OP, even before he bought the truck, it was 19 feet 5 inches long...

The OP question doesn't make any iota of sense...

BowersFJ

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Lol! Barring that, if it's too far from a dealer to take it home to measure, the website lists the trucks length as 232.9 inches.
Simple math would tell the OP, even before he bought the truck, it was 19 feet 5 inches long...

The OP question doesn't make any iota of sense...

Yup …. I got a CC 6’4” bed on it’s was from Detroit …. 242” tip to tail …. Pc of tape on the floor 3” from door …. Pc of tape on the floor 242” from that …. I’m a Mech Engineer …. I plan the sh!t out of everything …. Now I gotta figure how much lift and tires will slide in an 83” door …. Thank God for Autocad !!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

theeuroguy

Reaction score
I found out the same thing, but I had brought truck home before buying, so I knew it would not fit. I simply built a nice carport, needed because I had 3 cars anyway.

Scram1500

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
We're approching this from a horizontal line of thinking, what if we consider the vertical?

See below. The vehicle clearly fits in the garage with the door closed. The crane operator licence might take some time to acquire but this is a viable solution

Vertical.png

BowersFJ

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Here's the way we do it in Arkansas:

View attachment 111599

But here's how the young folks are doing it for their flashy new Fords and stuff. Just build out from your existing garage.

View attachment 111602

Pic #2 makes for an awesome area to wash and wax out of direct sunlight …. A must if you have a dark color and sh!ty water

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

magnetized

Reaction score
You could just leave the garage door open all the time, or fill the garage with enough crap you can't pull a vehicle in.

truckless

Reaction score
No two ways about....yer screwed. This is with the crew and the 5.7. You only gain an inch with the 6.4 quad (sorry....I like to rule things out mathematically if not practically ;))

1637359341609.png

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I have a property company, one time I saw a house where the owners had sawzalled a huge chunk out of the front door siding and header in order to bring some piece of furniture inside :rolleyes:
Wait, everyone doesn’t do that?

AV8OR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Life gives you lemons then make lemonade.

Let the Ram sleep outside and buy a welder, table saw, vertical mill, lathe, an Ariel Atom, or a brass pole with a disco ball.

The world is your oyster.

1637650774951.jpeg

1637650868345.jpeg

blazenlo

Reaction score
😂:ROFLMAO:
VirzdVi.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread