5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 ram rebel no air 6inch lift kit

Rsone 11

Reaction score
I have a 2022 ram rebel with out air. I currently have a Fabtech 3inch spacer kit with Fabtech uca’s I have fuel rebel wheels 18x9 -12 offset and Nitto ridge grapplers 35x12.50 and I like the look but I’m getting the itch to go to a 6 inch lift but there are so many different options between Readylift, zone, bds, and I’m not sure if my wheel tire combo will look good if I do a 6 inch lift and having to change wheels to 20 inch and 37 inch makes the whole project that much more $$$ let me know what you guys think pictures are welcome of 6inch setups. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• IMG_0847.jpeg
    IMG_0847.jpeg
    200.2 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG_0858.jpeg
    IMG_0858.jpeg
    229.5 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_2314.jpeg
    IMG_2314.jpeg
    195.7 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG_2327.jpeg
    IMG_2327.jpeg
    208.4 KB · Views: 76

Robman700

Reaction score
My vote is 6in bds and 37s !

Attachments

• IMG_6397.jpeg
    IMG_6397.jpeg
    164.9 KB · Views: 78
Last edited:

1BADRAMLIMITED

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have a 2022 ram rebel with out air. I currently have a Fabtech 3inch spacer kit with Fabtech uca’s I have fuel rebel wheels 18x9 -12 offset and Nitto ridge grapplers 35x12.50 and I like the look but I’m getting the itch to go to a 6 inch lift but there are so many different options between Readylift, zone, bds, and I’m not sure if my wheel tire combo will look good if I do a 6 inch lift and having to change wheels to 20 inch and 37 inch makes the whole project that much more $$$ let me know what you guys think pictures are welcome of 6inch setups. Thanks in advance.
I think your setup looks great. But if you have the money to just blow then do what makes u happy

Robman700

Reaction score
Your truck looks great what size wheels do you have and is the truck sluggish at all with the 37’s and also which bds kit did you go with ?
Thank you. I have 20in wheels, and no the truck does not feel sluggish at all . I went with the 6in bds system with the strut spacer, and I’m running the Bilstein 5100 up front set at 1.7in to level it out. I must say it absolutely rides like a Cadillac going down the road.

Robman700

Reaction score

Rsone 11

Reaction score
I’m also tossing the idea around of staying with my 3 inch Fabtech spacer loft and just changing out the factory bilsteins for 5100 bilsteins up front not sure if it will make a difference

SKT Customs

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Hey man here’s a long response, but it may help. Basically, I would keep the spacer and not worry about replacing them with an inexpensive adjustable shock, because the cost to ride quality difference is negligible. I wouldn’t waste your money on the Bilsteins, you won’t notice a difference at all. Mine are set to 1.7” so they’re not even maxed out and still I noticed literally no difference in ride quality from stock to Bilsteins. You’d be better off getting the Rough Country 3” lifted struts because at least they come with a longer strut AND coil, so realistically you *should* get a better ride because you’re not just introducing lots of preload on the stock coils like you’d be doing with the Bilsteins. Since I only wanted to go up 1.7” and I figured eventually I’d get Fox coilovers, the Bilsteins fit the bill for me for price and the amount of lift; but if I were to do it again I probably would’ve looked more into the eibach adjustables or rough country. I believe I read somewhere that the eibach ones are valved a little bit more progressively vs the Bilsteins which are digressive. In general, digressive offers better handling at the expense of slightly rougher ride quality, whereas progressive typically offers a better ride quality and more damping but because they’re softer at slow speeds they can feel like they don’t handle as well as Bilsteins. In any of these inexpensive 2.0 adjustable shocks I doubt you’ll notice any big changes in ride quality between them though just because you can’t do nearly as much with a 2.0 shock than you can with a 2.5 or 3.0. The only reason I would say eibach > bilstein is because I believe eibach includes their own coil in place of the factory one so maybe that will lead to a better ride - but I don’t know the actual spring rates so that’s just a guess. And rough country probably just because it doesn’t seem to add preload to get the height, it’s actually a longer strut and coil.
My best advice if your factory shocks are still going strong, use them until they start to go out or until you’re comfortable spending the money on 2.5” Fox coilovers. The 2.5” debate is even stronger, but thru much research & reviews I’ve decided for myself that Fox > all other brands when it comes to direct swap coilovers for our Rams. :)

SKT Customs

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Thank you. I have 20in wheels, and no the truck does not feel sluggish at all . I went with the 6in bds system with the strut spacer, and I’m running the Bilstein 5100 up front set at 1.7in to level it out. I must say it absolutely rides like a Cadillac going down the road.
So you’re technically running a 7.7” lift then?

SKT Customs

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
I’m also tossing the idea around of staying with my 3 inch Fabtech spacer loft and just changing out the factory bilsteins for 5100 bilsteins up front not sure if it will make a difference
Oh shoot also I just noticed you said you have the factory Bilsteins! In that case, absolutely do NOT swap out to the 5100s because it’ll be a complete waste of money. Your stock Bilsteins (4600 series) are 100% identical to the 5100s, the only difference is the 5100s are height adjustable while the 4600s aren’t. Same exact tuning though.

Robman700

Reaction score
So you’re technically running a 7.7” lift then?
No technical I’m running 6.7 in lift , my 6 in kit strut spacer was only 5in. So I was left with about a 2in rake from front to back, now I have about a quarter in rake .

SKT Customs

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Ahh okay so I’m guessing you ditched the bottom spacer and just ran the top spacer in conjunction with the Bilsteins?
If you don’t mind, what’s your measurements from the ground to the top of the wheel arch? I’m at 45.25” up front and 44.25” in the rear on 37s

Robman700

Reaction score
Ahh okay so I’m guessing you ditched the bottom spacer and just ran the top spacer in conjunction with the Bilsteins?
If you don’t mind, what’s your measurements from the ground to the top of the wheel arch? I’m at 45.25” up front and 44.25” in the rear on 37s
Yes that’s exactly what I did. I’m at 45.75” up front and just a hair over 46” in the rear .

Rsone 11

Reaction score
Thank you for all the help guys… I’m thinking I’ll just stay as is for now and if I get the itch to spend some money on my truck I’ll just do some other modification lol

Users who are viewing this thread