5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram Rebel GT Draining Battery

halla

Reaction score
After I had issues with my 2019 Rebel, I also bought an H8 battery for the 2022 Rebel GT. The battery still only lasts about 3 days then it dies completely. I have no aftermarket items wired up. The dealer had it for four days over a week ago, blamed in on my EZ Pass being mounted right next to the forward collision camera, said the EZ Pass radio was keeping the collision camera on and draining the battery. So I brought it home, took the EZ pass into the house, 3 days later, Dead again. It is back at the dealer over the weekend and today they said “It is still draining quickly, but we dont know why”. They are in communication with Ram engineering to figure it out. Not sure if anyone else has had an issue like this.

It is pretty much loaded with air suspension, technology group, Advanced safety, HUD, 12” radio, tow package etc…. But something has to be malfunctioning in a major way to drain an H8 battery that quickly. I will report back if they figure this out. Just thought I would share.

RobertS

Reaction score
Was the dealer able to resolve the issue? If so what was it?

halla

Reaction score
I put in a H8 battery and that really helped. But the dealer found that most of the software modules from the factory were never programmed, (i.e. sun roof, etc…) and they feel they were not shutting off with the truck due to lack of programming. As of recently, no issues with draining.

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
I put in a H8 battery and that really helped. But the dealer found that most of the software modules from the factory were never programmed, (i.e. sun roof, etc…) and they feel they were not shutting off with the truck due to lack of programming. As of recently, no issues with draining.
so the dealer programmed everything?
this is weird never heard of this
you might be the first to have a truck not programmed correctly.

might be something others might want to make a note of.

Users who are viewing this thread