5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 ram limited 12 inches screen keep went black

liq001

Reaction score
Hello guys,

My 2022 limited truck with 12 inches screen keep went to black. I have the newest software. Do you guys have the same issue? Any fix? So annoying, when goes black, no Navi, no radio, no back up camera.

Best
Lee

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I’ve had it happen a handful of times. Eventually I noticed that it always happened when I left my phone plugged into the usb port and shut the truck off, or if I remove the phone and left the truck on. At first I would shut the truck off and let it sit for about five minutes then restart (with phone unplugged). Eventually I realize I can just disconnect the phone and then hold the power button until the screen shows the opening Ram splash screen.

There’s a possibility this could happen through Bluetooth wireless connectivity also, but I’ve never tried to re-create the issue when the phone was connected with Bluetooth/wireless carplay.

liq001

Reaction score
I’ve had it happen a handful of times. Eventually I noticed that it always happened when I left my phone plugged into the usb port and shut the truck off, or if I remove the phone and left the truck on. At first I would shut the truck off and let it sit for about five minutes then restart (with phone unplugged). Eventually I realize I can just disconnect the phone and then hold the power button until the screen shows the opening Ram splash screen.

There’s a possibility this could happen through Bluetooth wireless connectivity also, but I’ve never tried to re-create the issue when the phone was connected with Bluetooth/wireless carplay.
Have you ever take it to your dealer and take a look at it? Mine just happens randomly and high frequency. Almost everyday, my dealer said a new screen replacement is needed, only screen not the head unit. But I think the screen just work fine, it must be some software issue, even if I get a new screen installed, black screen might still happen.

Last edited:

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Have you ever take it to your dealer and take a look at it? Mine just happens randomly and high frequency. Almost everyday, my dealer said a new screen replacement is needed, only screen not the head unit. But I think the screen just work fine, it must be some software issue, even if I get a new screen installed, black screen might still happen.
I’m not planning on going to the dealer until it is happening enough that they can reproduce it on command.

Users who are viewing this thread