5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 RAM Hemi 6.4L not starting

Jacobmatt

Reaction score
The truck recently had spark plugs replaced, when trying to start all the power was cut to the vehicle. We tried jumping it but all the power immediately gets cut. I checked all of the fuses pertaining to the ignition and they were all fine. When the truck is connected to another battery source the lights will turn on. We are stumped, any ideas?

23RAM

Reaction score
The truck recently had spark plugs replaced, when trying to start all the power was cut to the vehicle. We tried jumping it but all the power immediately gets cut. I checked all of the fuses pertaining to the ignition and they were all fine. When the truck is connected to another battery source the lights will turn on. We are stumped, any ideas?
Will the truck start with another battery source?
If not, then it's not a battery issue.

You said the plugs were replaced recently. How recent? Perhaps the worker loosened or damaged something.
Or maybe the alternator plug was loosened or pulled off reducing charging output which weakened your battery as it wasn't getting charged properly.
A loose serpentine belt will slip on the alternator pulley which reduces charging output too.
Bad coil packs.
ECU problems.
Water incursion.
Plus a hundred other reasons...

jljbtm

Reaction score
I had a no start recently with my 5.7 and 86,000 miles where a bad engine ground wire had enough corrosion (resistance) that it would not start .Try grounding your engine to the battery!?

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online