5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram 5.7 Carven exhaust install

ckl5899

Reaction score
Has anyone installed a Carven Cat-Back Exhaust themselves? Do you need to put the truck on a lift? How long did it take? Has anyone had a shop install it for them? How long did it take them? Thanks in advance, just placed my order a few mins. ago.

ferraiolo1

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
They don’t offer a cat back for the 21-22 models yet. I talked with them a few times they said there were some fitment issues. That’s why I went with the cut and clamp.

But I have installed their full system on other trucks. It’s easy enough to do by yourself with a Jack. They have several YouTube vids.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MattGalmish

Reaction score
Has anyone installed a Carven Cat-Back Exhaust themselves? Do you need to put the truck on a lift? How long did it take? Has anyone had a shop install it for them? How long did it take them? Thanks in advance, just placed my order a few mins. ago.

I just installed mine myself about a month ago. Not hard at all. Having access to a lift makes it super easy but not required. I’ve been a tech with Audi for 15+ years so I’m pretty mechanically inclined. Simple hand tools will do the trick. I was able to get the driver side pipe and muffler out as one piece but if you can cut the pipes it’ll be way easier.
56b603899005726c901e329e14d46a52.jpg

MattGalmish

Reaction score
However I have a 2020 not a 2022. There can’t be THAT much of a difference between 2020 and 2022.

ferraiolo1

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
That’s what I thought. But didn’t want to take the gamble with that much money.

f169cc0b1cc723a69f6bfbce9504dafb.jpg

MattGalmish

Reaction score
That’s what I thought. But didn’t want to take the gamble with that much money.

f169cc0b1cc723a69f6bfbce9504dafb.jpg

Only had a slight fitment issue with mine. The tips where I preferred to have them would contact the bumper support right where the tip starts to flair out to the 5in size.

KonaLaury

Reaction score
I installed it myself without a lift. I started out just under the truck on my back in the driveway but in the end found it much easier jacking up the rear end (and yes, I did use axle stands). Taking out the passenger side was easy but to take out the drivers side (without cutting it) required removing the screws on the plastic spare tire surround. Not a big deal and easy to reinstall. I could get one side (I think the driver's side) to fit so the rear of the exhaust tip was even with the rear bumper, but the other side stuck out about an inch. So I adjusted the first one to match and to me, it looks great.

Attachments

• Rear - 2.jpg
    Rear - 2.jpg
    126.4 KB · Views: 24

ckl5899

Reaction score
They don’t offer a cat back for the 21-22 models yet. I talked with them a few times they said there were some fitment issues. That’s why I went with the cut and clamp.

But I have installed their full system on other trucks. It’s easy enough to do by yourself with a Jack. They have several YouTube vids.

Talked to them earlier this week. They said the had them for 2022 Ram 5.7, it’s the 19+ exhaust

ckl5899

Reaction score
Those sons of bitches

It took a while for them to respond by email.. I did talk to them over the phone Thursday and Friday before I ordered. Should be here by Thursday. I’ll let y’all know

MattGalmish

Reaction score
It took a while for them to respond by email.. I did talk to them over the phone Thursday and Friday before I ordered. Should be here by Thursday. I’ll let y’all know

Did you go full cat back kit? Or cut and clamp?

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Staff online