5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram 1500 RWD 6” lift?

A.aggie

Reaction score
What’s going on everyone! Earlier I was looking on RC, and was checking out the 6” lift and it says it wouldn’t fit my ‘22 Big Horn RWD. I’m not too familiar with any of the lifts nor trucks (first truck first lift). Says the 3.5 will fit. Is it because 6” comes with extra parts for 4x4? If so can I still purchase it add the parts it needs for the for the 6” lift and set other parts aside and still be good? Thank you in advance! Hoping to be apart of the community!

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
What’s going on everyone! Earlier I was looking on RC, and was checking out the 6” lift and it says it wouldn’t fit my ‘22 Big Horn RWD. I’m not too familiar with any of the lifts nor trucks (first truck first lift). Says the 3.5 will fit. Is it because 6” comes with extra parts for 4x4? If so can I still purchase it add the parts it needs for the for the 6” lift and set other parts aside and still be good? Thank you in advance! Hoping to be apart of the community!

Welcome aboard. The kits for 4WD will fit 2WD, just that the higher height lift kits come with relocation parts for the transfer case which won't be needed on the 2WD.

Essentially you will have spare components you won't be able to use that you paid for, but if they don't offer a 2WD version of that kit (cheaper minus those parts), then it's your only option.

But any 4WD lift kit on the market will fit your truck.

A.aggie

Reaction score
Welcome aboard. The kits for 4WD will fit 2WD, just that the higher height lift kits come with relocation parts for the transfer case which won't be needed on the 2WD.

Essentially you will have spare components you won't be able to use that you paid for, but if they don't offer a 2WD version of that kit (cheaper minus those parts), then it's your only option.

But any 4WD lift kit on the market will fit your truck.
Thank you for breaking it down for me! Makes a lot of sense now! Appreciate it 🫡

31RamIt

Ram Guru
Reaction score
hurr durr why would you lift a 2wd..

duurrrr hurrr

Users who are viewing this thread