5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

biznelison

Reaction score
Hi all,

Wondering if anyone has had an experience like this:

Yesterday I shut my truck off in the driveway like normal. 10 minutes later I came out to drive somewhere and the truck would not start. The brake petal was impossible to press in. Remote start would not work. If I switched the ignition to RUN the dash would cycle through several warning messages:
  • Electrionic throttle control warning
  • Electric park brake warning
  • Service Electronic Stability control syystem
  • Service airbag system
  • Speed control messaging error
I disconnected one terminal of the battery and tried again but got the same result. After about 15 minutes I was about to call roadside assistance but the engine magically started before I hit "send". I received no warning messages when it finally started. Any insight on what might have caused this would be greatly appreciated.

stiwari

Reaction score
Had similar issue today. Drove to work this morning, parked, worked for 2-3 hrs, came outside and the Truck won't start. It is a 2022 Laramie Knight with 5.7 and eTorque.
you could not press on brake.
A button-auto start stop was on.
Battery had power.

so frustrating...this is a brand new truck with 6,500 miles. I had it towed by Chrysler affiliate and a dealer is looking at it.

Attachments

• IMG_6593.jpg
    IMG_6593.jpg
    130.1 KB · Views: 26

UnclJim

Reaction score
Happened to me on Monday. Radio was all wonky also. been fine since. Just over 1500 miles.

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I wonder if this is related to a Forced Over The Air Update (FOTA) - Mine did one this past weekend, and the truck acted pretty funky at that time. Ram suggests you don't drive the truck while this is occurring, and that it can take minutes to hours to days for everything to return to normal (actually, they don't say it quite like that... Most of my system returned to normal Saturday afternoon, but my compass didn't show up until yesterday).

biznelison

Reaction score
Had similar issue today. Drove to work this morning, parked, worked for 2-3 hrs, came outside and the Truck won't start. It is a 2022 Laramie Knight with 5.7 and eTorque.
you could not press on brake.
A button-auto start stop was on.
Battery had power.

so frustrating...this is a brand new truck with 6,500 miles. I had it towed by Chrysler affiliate and a dealer is looking at it.
Mine's been at the dealer all day. Last I heard from them they essentially said nothing is wrong but want to look at it more tomorrow. Any word on yours?

Users who are viewing this thread