5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram 1500 Limited eTorque - Battery dropped voltage until truck died while driving

omaha_cyclone

Reaction score
Pretty much the title. Was about -10F.

Was driving, stopped at a red light. Got an error that my Start/Stop module was shutting off. Had to restart my truck to get it going.

Got home, and noticed that my voltage was dropping. Hovered around 10v and then started my drive to the dealer. About a mile in it said "Power Reserve Mode" and my Climate Control module shut off (and my windshield froze). Then basically every light enabled and my power steering went out, and the display died.

Got to the dealership, put my truck in Park and it would not allow me to go back into Drive.
Shut it off, and it wouldn't start again. Had to push it into the service area.

They charged the battery and now it's acting fine. Sounds like there's a recall around eTorque Start Stop but they seem to think its unrelated.

I'm concerned obviously that this is something bigger. They don't want to hand me a brick but they're out of ideas of what caused it.
They don't really want to replace batteries but would as last attempt, but then we can't identify if there's a power supply issue.

Anyone seen this happen?

Ellisstrong

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Pretty much the title. Was about -10F.

Was driving, stopped at a red light. Got an error that my Start/Stop module was shutting off. Had to restart my truck to get it going.

Got home, and noticed that my voltage was dropping. Hovered around 10v and then started my drive to the dealer. About a mile in it said "Power Reserve Mode" and my Climate Control module shut off (and my windshield froze). Then basically every light enabled and my power steering went out, and the display died.

Got to the dealership, put my truck in Park and it would not allow me to go back into Drive.
Shut it off, and it wouldn't start again. Had to push it into the service area.

They charged the battery and now it's acting fine. Sounds like there's a recall around eTorque Start Stop but they seem to think its unrelated.

I'm concerned obviously that this is something bigger. They don't want to hand me a brick but they're out of ideas of what caused it.
They don't really want to replace batteries but would as last attempt, but then we can't identify if there's a power supply issue.

Anyone seen this happen?
No codes or check engine light?

Users who are viewing this thread