5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 RAM 1500 Laramie OEM bed light issue.

stafftd

Reaction score
Just install OEM bed lighting kit (Bed Light Kit - Mopar (82215272AC) 2021-2022 Ram 1500) on my 2022 RAM 1500 Laramie.
Programmed using AlfaOBD (2.2.8.0) and OBDlink MX+
Bed lighting option says it's activated now when going back into the AlfaOBD app but the bed lights are not working.
I can go into the AlfaOBD apps diagnostic mode and it will turn the bed lights on for a few seconds for the test.
With the 2022 is there more than one option that needs to be turned on or anyone have any other ideas?
I have installed this kit and programmed on a 2020 RAM 1500 Laramie and is working just fine.
Any help on this issue would be much appreciated.

Todd

skyhawk42

Reaction score
Just did mine as well. I turned on 2 things, I think it was led bed lights present and bed light switch present. For what it’s worth I did the shortcut on the wiring and connected the tan/white and tan/violet at the connector on the left rear of the bed instead of running all the way to the bcm and depinning the existing wiring. Once the wiring was completed the switch on bed lights was able to turn the cargo lights on and off, but not the bed lights until the Alfa steps were done. As far as I can tell it’s working as is should short of my truck not having the tailgate ajar switch in the tailgate

stafftd

Reaction score
Thanks for your time , really appreciated - Will give this a try and report back.

Code2medic

Reaction score
Also make sure you move the right pin to the right position on the connector

Users who are viewing this thread