5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram 1500 Ecoboost - Engine shutting down while vehicle is in motion causing transmission to lock up and emergency brake to engage

armymom1776

Reaction score
Has anyone else had this issue? Vehicle has 3900 miles. Ram sent me a recall notice stating that the PCM needed a software update. It was after the update was done that issues arose. In addition to the engine shutting down while the vehicle is in motion which then results in the transmission locking up and the emergency brake engaging, I have had the following problems:
-windshield wipers will come on and swipe once and then shut off even tough it isn’t raining 😳
-when the lights are in the auto mode, the brights will keep turning on and off even though there are no other cars on the road
-driver lane assist will activate causing the vehicle to jerk even though the vehicle stays inside the lane
-various settings will change on their own

Has anyone else had these problems?
Looking for help as to where to turn. I’ve only had this vehicle since Sept 5th. Dealership wants me to drop the vehicle off without providing a loaner leaving me without transportation. They also told me today that they had another 2022 Ram doing the same thing.

Please help! Thank you!

Users who are viewing this thread