5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 RAM 1500 DT Skid Plate Part numbers ???

Klips_USA

Reaction score
I just ordered a 2022 Limited today. RAM does not currently have the “Protection Group” as an ordering option. I didn’t want the off-road package but would like to have some protection from things that might get into the undercarriage. I asked the dealer if they would help me get the part numbers that I would need to put them on after delivery. What I was told was that the parts department didn’t have any of the part numbers for the skid plates for the 2022 MY 1500 DT. Additionally, that the 33 gal gas tank was redesigned for the 2022 MY and that any previous skid plates part numbers for that would not work on the new 33 gal gas tank. Somehow, something does seem right with these answers, so I am wondering if anyone here has found the part numbers that work on the 2022 MY? I’m also still confused by how many skid plates there are. I thought by starting a new thread here on the topic for 2022 MY might be appropriate if there is an actual difference with the parts. Thanks…

Klips_USA

Reaction score
Ok, the truck is built and I’m waiting for delivery to the dealership. I still can’t seem to figure out what the part numbers are for skid plates. I’ve been told the egalitarian gas tank was redesigned and the skid plate for that would be different for sure. Surely someone else has put some skid plates on their new 2022 RAM. Help would be greatly appreciated.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Your dealership is telling you they redesigned the 33 gallon tank for 2022 models? That's one I haven't heard yet. You might want to take what dealerships tell you with more than a grain of salt. Unless they've actually helped a customer do that, most of the time they don't know any more than you do when you ask a question like that. Some parts guys will try to spend the time to help you find what you're looking for. Others just want you to go away because they're busy with lots of customers.

Randboye

Reaction score
I order my22 with the protection group and it was built with it. I only see 3 not 4 that's listed in the group. It's i missing either the steering gear or front suspension plate. Some has said there is only 3 plates, they combined the steering gear and front suspension plate. anyone have any different information?

frascona

Reaction score
I have been digging vor the part numbers to add the OEM skid plates to my 2022 Ram 1500 Bighorn (3.6). Here is what I have found thus far...

Genuine Mopar Skid Plate Front Suspension
DTSKDPLTFS
68266717AB - Front Suspension Skid Plate
6104414AA (x4) - Bolt & Washer

Genuine Mopar Skid Plate Transfer Case
DTSKDPLTTC
68266720AA - Skid Plate
6104414AA (x4) - Bolt & Washer

Fuel Tank Skid Plate
$241.90
52029963AD

I am still validating, and I will contact the dealer to confirm.

Users who are viewing this thread