5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram 12" Navigation always shows speed limit at 25 mph

2112jc

Reaction score
My new 2022 Ram 1500 with the 12" with factory nav is always showing 25 mph as the speed limit. No matter where I am, it shows 25 mph. Anyone else experiencing this?

Gdwheel

Reaction score
I always get 20 mph when it doesn't know the speed limit. Annoying.

2112jc

Reaction score
It does it EVERYWHERE! Not just on back roads, but even major highway shows 25 mph! ANNOYING!!!!!

Rick3478

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So I observed the behavior of mine for awhile this afternoon, and here's what I think is going on. The display is supposed to show the limit for the speed zone you are currently in. If you exceed that limit by a little bit, it turns yellow. If you exceed it significantly, it turns red with an exclamation point. And if you were really flagrant it stays that way for awhile, maybe until you have passed into a different speed zone at legal speed at least once. Maybe more, I haven't figured out the algorithm completely. If you live on a street where the speed limit is 25, it may seem to never go away. And the guy whose screen says 20 - your Ram thinks you blew through a school zone, man...

Gdwheel

Reaction score
So I observed the behavior of mine for awhile this afternoon, and here's what I think is going on. The display is supposed to show the limit for the speed zone you are currently in. If you exceed that limit by a little bit, it turns yellow. If you exceed it significantly, it turns red with an exclamation point. And if you were really flagrant it stays that way for awhile, maybe until you have passed into a different speed zone at legal speed at least once. Maybe more, I haven't figured out the algorithm completely. If you live on a street where the speed limit is 25, it may seem to never go away. And the guy whose screen says 20 - your Ram thinks you blew through a school zone, man...
Uh, no. School zones around here are 15 and the default speed limit where there are no posted speeds is 25. There is no reason for it to show 20 except it does not know the speed limit and it defaults to 20.

Rick3478

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Uh, no. School zones around here are 15 and the default speed limit where there are no posted speeds is 25. There is no reason for it to show 20 except it does not know the speed limit and it defaults to 20.
Sounds unlikely, but the database or software seems flawed somewhere. One unposted country road out here shows as 35 where there's nothing but farmland for miles. Most roads that aren't posted don't show a limit. From the behavior of mine, I think it's the map data.

wsutard1

Reaction score
I would suggest doing a factory reset on your Uconnect. It might solve the problem.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
I think it's bad map data. I noticed several exits aren't even the right numbers. Lots of mph zones are wrong but close.
Mine says - - when it doesn't know the speed.
I think Ram gave us 5 year old map data, it's crap. It claims it's Tom Tom, I didn't even know they existed anymore.

Users who are viewing this thread