5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Orders

brenan00

Reaction score
You will love the transparency from a Ford dealer in San Diego. The lead sales person for the Bronco 6th gen launch/fiasco for the dealer has his own thread on the Bronco6G forum, and responds. Here is the thread.
He did tear one guy a new one for thinking he deserved immediate attention from the finance director.

Husker4theSpurs

Reaction score
After seeing that 10th Anniversary video I'm also glad I didn't get it. I like the light gray idea, but preferred the Frost of past years. If they'd had that I would've ordered Tri Coat Ivory/indigo-frost but being unsure about the new interior color overall I went to my backup plan of Night Edition Billet Silver. I really didn't want the black interior but did prefer the Night Edition. Glad I went this route as of now. Seems like penny pinching to put the cloth in those places, especially since they didn't offer another light colored interior on the Limited.

Talked to my dealer and I'm still (as I knew thanks to you guys) in D status. He told me it's not true that they're building inventory for dealers as a priority first. He did say that Pano Roof and Ram Boxes were restricted on some level so that might be part of the holdup. I did put down a $5000 deposit due to the small size of my dealer and the high MSRP of the vehicle I built including ecoDiesel, but it HAS crossed my mind to go with a GMC Denali Ultimate with the new interior ... if they weren't putting a hold on the Duramax especially. The Ford PowerBoost HAS crossed my mind as well, but I'm just being impatient. Will keep waiting for the Ram :)

Randboye

Reaction score
I really hate it, but if it was that alone, I would follow through with my truck. I unfortunately, did not order some things I am really regretting (4WD being the biggest) and now I am pretty sure I would just be unhappy with it. I got a WS yesterday and today notified the dealership I am no longer interested in it. While I hope to get my deposit back, they held up their end, so I am ok with losing my deposit.
How did you find all the different stages the truck went thru I,JB,KZB

PCHokie

Reaction score
How did you find all the different stages the truck went thru I,JB,KZB
My salesman at Nyle Maxwell was outstanding. Part of his daily ritual was logging into their system every morning and looking for updates for his customer orders and he’d text me whenever there was a new update and shoot me a copy of POC if I requested. I can’t say enough good things about him. If you’re in the Austin area, I would absolutely recommend him to you. His name is Cody Lyle.

it seems like most the guys here did not get that level of service from their dealer rep? The consensus is MD is the place to go if you really want to save some serious $ though.

o4major97

Reaction score
I feel you man, I thought I had a pretty good grasp on payload/towing before I ordered. WRONG. My build will work still but if I had known what I know now, my options selection would have been different. When I heard the Tech Group was being merged into Level 1 (possibly for no upcharge for people who already ordered, depending on your dealer), I tried to get that added but they wouldn't/couldn't do it. It is what it is.

The waiting is what kills us, if your truck appeared in your driveway right now you wouldn't give a parachuting goat's @*** that it wasn't a Limited lol
when i researched my 1500, the payload numbers on ram’s site said 1790….now it is built, 1121 pounds. not acceptable

aussie_ram

Reaction score
My salesman at Nyle Maxwell was outstanding. Part of his daily ritual was logging into their system every morning and looking for updates for his customer orders and he’d text me whenever there was a new update and shoot me a copy of POC if I requested. I can’t say enough good things about him. If you’re in the Austin area, I would absolutely recommend him to you. His name is Cody Lyle.

it seems like most the guys here did not get that level of service from their dealer rep? The consensus is MD is the place to go if you really want to save some serious $ though.

The great thing about MD is that you get the great pricing AND great customer service. Sandi has been a treat to deal with ... it's rare that you can get both price and service, usually most dealers offer 1 and some don't offer either.

PCHokie

Reaction score
The great thing about MD is that you get the great pricing AND great customer service. Sandi has been a treat to deal with ... it's rare that you can get both price and service, usually most dealers offer 1 and some don't offer either.
Agree. I just emailed them explaining my situation and asking for a quote and Sandi replied 15 minutes later with a very impressive quote, easily beating the Affiliate pricing I have on my current order. She even told me they could drive the vehicle to me free of charge to Austin when it is delivered to them.

Pi Esq.

Reaction score
Ya. Needs new hood and front bumper and light cover.
Hmm... I'm not sure what the laws are now, but many years ago, I took a pro bono case for a guy in a similar situation. At that time, dealers were precluded from selling vehicles that had body repairs as brand new, even if they had never been sold before. It really messed up this guy's financing because he no longer qualified for new vehicle financing.

Not sure what state you are in, but you may want to look into this issue, as well as how it may affect your resale value in the future (i.e., will these repairs show up on a Carfax and dissuade a prospective buyer from purchasing from you?).

Without concrete answers to these, I would not accept delivery.

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
Hmm... I'm not sure what the laws are now, but many years ago, I took a pro bono case for a guy in a similar situation. At that time, dealers were precluded from selling vehicles that had body repairs as brand new, even if they had never been sold before. It really messed up this guy's financing because he no longer qualified for new vehicle financing.

Not sure what state you are in, but you may want to look into this issue, as well as how it may affect your resale value in the future (i.e., will these repairs show up on a Carfax and dissuade a prospective buyer from purchasing from you?).

Without concrete answers to these, I would not accept delivery.
good post!

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
I remember years ago when I picked up my first ram, when they were still dodge. another truck showed up with windshield broken and the dash was trashed. the dealer was not permitted to fix it and it had to go to auction. the guy really wanted it after waiting 4 months for it. he was going to try to get it at auction and see if the dealer would then fix it. never found out what happened. either way not a good place to be.
makes since why if any train auto rack carrying vehicles derails or turns over they are all junked and insurance pays. no one ever sees them.

4jlcc

Reaction score
Does anyone know when my truck finally ships, if it will show up on my dealer's website as a truck "in transit?" I see trucks listed like this on the dealer website, but unsure if any of them are sold special orders or just dealer stock orders that populate like that.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Does anyone know when my truck finally ships, if it will show up on my dealer's website as a truck "in transit?" I see trucks listed like this on the dealer website, but unsure if any of them are sold special orders or just dealer stock orders that populate like that.
From what I’ve seen and heard, it just depends on you dealer. Some will list all inbound vehicles, others won’t (my dealer says it’s against FCA policy to list a sold vehicle

Users who are viewing this thread