5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Orders

jent

Reaction score
Can you even get blind spot monitoring? My local dealer made it sound like you can't get it or advanced safety package (at least on the Rebel). It's configurable online, but he said ram is not accepting orders with those options till at least January.

I would appreciate if anyone can confirm or deny this

RedNightRam

Reaction score
Can you even get blind spot monitoring? My local dealer made it sound like you can't get it or advanced safety package (at least on the Rebel). It's configurable online, but he said ram is not accepting orders with those options till at least January.

I thought it could be added on a Rebel, but I cannot confirm what ordering restrictions are at this time. What I do know is blind spot monitoring is not even available on the Laramie - I have expressed my frustration on that already.

SunnyS

Reaction score
I thought it could be added on a Rebel, but I cannot confirm what ordering restrictions are at this time. What I do know is blind spot monitoring is not even available on the Laramie - I have expressed my frustration on that already.
If the Blind Spot is not going to be installed on trucks till january I am moving on with another truck order. Calling the dealer on monday to see if they can find that out.

KWKSLVR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If the Blind Spot is not going to be installed on trucks till january I am moving on with another truck order. Calling the dealer on monday to see if they can find that out.
If that is true (and it sounds like more dealer BS) then it's likely due to parts allocation. They may know they can fill current orders that have those features but they're unsure about future supply. I think that's why a lot of these features are pulled. They want to be sure they can actually fill orders and avoid what happened with 2021 models. Better to not accept the order than to have people waiting 10 months and be finishing up 2022's when they should be making 2023's. Remember, it's likely a new generation starting. They will have to retool and they can't produce both years in tandem.

Johnnyiiiii

Reaction score

I was able to order both BSM and ASG on my Rebel 3 weeks ago, but couldn’t get other options (TTPMS and trailer camera prep). Some options are dependent/incompatible with others, so have your dealer try different configurations. My case, choose either ASG or trailer camera prep.

4jlcc

Reaction score

When I placed my Rebel order on 8/7, my dealer was not able to add the ASG. He showed me on the computer where it was not selectable (grayed out).

kenrs

Reaction score
When I placed my Rebel order on 8/7, my dealer was not able to add the ASG. He showed me on the computer where it was not selectable (grayed out).
Availability of options seems to be all over the place. I ordered 9/17 and got ASG. Was not able to get CCG or Night Edition.

Johnnyiiiii

Reaction score
Availability of options seems to be all over the place. I ordered 9/17 and got ASG. Was not able to get CCG or Night Edition.
...and I ordered from the same dealer 3 days before and got both. (sorry kenrs) Things have been so fluid and there's so much confusion/misinformation it's maddening for sure. I have my fingers crossed my order will actually get built as ordered, though the dealer said it would...

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
When I search the build sheets for "blind spot", I come up with 4,726 matches (out of 24,000+). So less than 20% of the trucks are being built with it. That said, the build sheets that have it range from the very first ones all the way through the 189000 range. So it's all over the place.

eerattler

Reaction score
When I search the build sheets for "blind spot", I come up with 4,726 matches (out of 24,000+). So less than 20% of the trucks are being built with it. That said, the build sheets that have it range from the very first ones all the way through the 189000 range. So it's all over the place.
A quick aside, but I've noticed the Ram Tracker is no longer tracking some members (looks like the rows are hidden). Is there something we need to do to get back on the list (or unhidden)?

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
A quick aside, but I've noticed the Ram Tracker is no longer tracking some members (looks like the rows are hidden). Is there something we need to do to get back on the list (or unhidden)?
eighty posted this

"At the top, there's a funnel icon (filters). Just click on that and select "Filter 1". It will restore all line-items (it's currently filtered to just members with build sheets)."

n00ber

Reaction score
FWIW 177vin range, I am currently still in D status, technically (according to the dealership) my order was placed on August 11th. They didn't get allotment for me until September 13th and I was placed in BGL status. I wasn't informed until the 16th and had to remove the technology group and tonneau cover to be able to order. Two days later (18th) I was informed by my salesperson that I was in D status.

Long story short I have the XAN option on my POC, which is "Blind Spot and Cross Path Detection"

chris288

Reaction score
I am in the 168 range and there is a rebel with a ton of options in the 171 range with a window sticker already, only thing i can see potentially holding up my build is i have a pano sunroof.... ???

edit: he also has the diesel, i have 5.7

Last edited:

Surfnurse311

Reaction score
Curious on people that have gotten their vehicles recently. I know theres a lot of variables in play. How long did it take for your truck to get from the nearest shipping yard delivered to your dealership? If you don’t mind also how far was the delivery? Dealer is telling me it could take 2 weeks to get the truck 20-30 min drive away from where trucks are delivered.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Itsslow98

Reaction score
Any backcountry orders actually get their trucks yet? Would love to see more photos.

deanno33

Reaction score
Any backcountry orders actually get their trucks yet? Would love to see more photos.
I don't think so. Been watching as well. Seems like we are being pushed to the bottom since we ordered Big Horns. I feel like only dealers are getting Big Horns and they are pretty stripped.

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So far, I've only seen one built so far. Right now it's seems like just the limited, rebels are being built. Maybe a laramie once in a while.

2022 Big Horn Back Country
6/14…order placed
6/24…D status and Vin

2016 Dodge Charger scat pack and my spouse 2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara

SNE

Reaction score
The scheduled ship date does not mean the truck will ship on that date. At best, it means that is when the truck is scheduled to be built and you *might* get a build sheet a day or two after this. I had a scheduled ship date of 10/2 (a Saturday). That was around when the truck was built and I had a build sheet on 10/4 (Monday). My window sticker was on 10/5, but not all trucks get their window sticker that quickly.

If you are in D1 status, your truck should be built soon. However, some people have gone from D1 back to D. Until you get a build sheet, I wouldn't get your hopes up.
Thank you. We have already done the D1 back to D status about three weeks ago. So hoping that doesn’t occur again. It seems nothing is certain in this process until the truck arrives at the dealer 🙄 Knowing your build sheet came after the ship date actually makes me a little more hopeful that it may at least be entering the build line! If lucky, will look and have our build sheet in the next couple of days 🤞🏻

RDSnj2021

Reaction score
Curious on people that have gotten their vehicles recently. I know theres a lot of variables in play. How long did it take for your truck to get from the nearest shipping yard delivered to your dealership? If you don’t mind also how far was the delivery? Dealer is telling me it could take 2 weeks to get the truck 20-30 min drive away from where trucks are delivered.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dealer, MD, Lake Charles, LA, kept saying delivery would be 3-4 weeks (probably to keep me from checking in every day) My build and window sticker are a few pages back in this thread. I think my truck was built about 9/27 and went to shipping right away. I confirmed thru my dealer on 10/1 that my order was in KZ status, released by plant with dealer invoiced. (got an updated POC from dealer) This might have happened a day or two before 10/1. I received a telephone call this past Wed. evening 6pm from Aaron at MD that they had my truck from the depot. Sent a few pictures. Now working out delivery. So shipping from SHAP to MD in LA was pretty quick. Hope this helps.

Users who are viewing this thread