5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Orders

Hasti17

Reaction score
1633720592484.png
i did the same, at this point, I'm willing to show my cards and cut through all the obtuse Canned Statements. if there is even a slight possibility the right person can speed this along, I'm looking for the ONE guy who can say "just push this order through to get him off our back..."
Squeaky wheel gets the Grease.

At least i hope.

Edit: She got snippy with me about the chip shortage and plant closures, then escalated the case, step 1 accomplished.

Last edited:

ScubaZ66

Reaction score
Anyone having any luck with local dealerships with ordering or getting a competitive price? Most of mine in the Seattle area are dodging my emails.
RAM Dealerships are one of a kind! I actually searched across all 50 states looking for a Big Horn 2500 with a 6.4L. I emailed over 30 dealerships within a 6 month period who identified this unit was currently in their inventory. Of the 30 dealerships, I received replies from about 5, but everyone requested I come to the dealership. Not one dealership would deal with me via email. I even sent RAM a message regarding my dilemma and they could care less. When all was said and done I drove 500+ miles to a dealer who no longer had the unit I wanted on their lot when I arrived. They sold it yesterday! Dealerships for the most part have not changed their ways. The good news! When I went home on vacation to visit family I went to the local RAM dealer and had them order me a 2022 model.

PCHokie

Reaction score
WRT FCA Affiliate discount, I emailed them and they basically told me what we pretty much already knew. Up to dealership on if they honor the agreed pricing.

I’m at my dealership as we speak, they will honor the pricing. I expressed having regrets on some of the options I selected on my order. They are actually willing to honor the pricing on a new order even though technically 22 Ram 1500 not currently eligible.

Attachments

• B86C48EE-124E-4DEB-BE51-1620451427C9.png
    B86C48EE-124E-4DEB-BE51-1620451427C9.png
    331.8 KB · Views: 43

RedNightRam

Reaction score
Any update on the affiliate pricing dilemma? There’s too many post to search through. I remember seeing a paper that pretty much said that it only applies to 2021s. I did find someone say that their dealer was going to look into the change not applying it to 2022 sold orders. We’ll, my dealer is now telling me that it doesn’t and my truck is supposed to be here in a couple of weeks.

Usmc041127

Reaction score

brenan00

Reaction score
Any update on the affiliate pricing dilemma? There’s too many post to search through. I remember seeing a paper that pretty much said that it only applies to 2021s. I did find someone say that their dealer was going to look into the change not applying it to 2022 sold orders. We’ll, my dealer is now telling me that it doesn’t and my truck is supposed to be here in a couple of weeks.
There are 230 pages true, but the search function has found everything I needed on the forum. Here is the information, do not shoot the messenger if it is not what you needed to see.

Usmc041127

Reaction score
Here is the full vin if anyone is generous enough look for me.

Attachments

• 20210913_103520.jpg
    20210913_103520.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 29

brenan00

Reaction score
Here is the full vin if anyone is generous enough look for me.

No build sheet or Monroney, not sure if after T is a zero or "O". Use these link for future use to check. You can also setup with cryptostickers and they will email you when your docs are available. Later
Semper Fi, Go Navy, Beat Army, what the heck beat everybody.

Deleted the links with "O" per @Eighty , you can use these links with copy then paste into your browser, to check your build and window sticker in the future.

Last edited:

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score

No build sheet or Monroney, not sure if after T is a zero or "O". Use these link for future use to check. You can also setup with cryptostickers and they will email you when your docs are available. Later
Semper Fi, Go Navy, Beat Army, what the heck beat everybody.
It's a zero. That's the check digit (and can only be 0-9 or X). But even running it with the zero, you still don't have a published build sheet.

Usmc041127

Reaction score
Thanks guys, I thought there's no way possible. And the person I spoke to is the sales manager. I **** you not she said 10 days.

SNE

Reaction score
First post, so hope I am doing correctly! We ordered our Limited (4x4 Granite Crystal 5.7 etorque essentially loaded with all options except night edition and MFT). June 23 and received our VIN shortly after. Nearing 15 weeks since order. Contacted Ram Chat Sept 22 and told D1 (all materials have been gathered and vehicle should be entering build process). Told generally 7-9 weeks from this point to delivery. Contacted Ram Chat again Sept 24 to see if It had begun only to be informed previous information was incorrect and parts had not yet been gathered. Had not checked forum in a few days. When I read posts of 2022 trucks landing at dealerships, I decided to check the website for the dealer we ordered from. They have 20 2022 1500s “In Transit” - a variety of trims, including a night edition limited and a limited edition longhorn. All with option to “buy online”, so no appearance of being sold orders. Meanwhile, we are still waiting for parts? While the limited is a diesel, the Longhorn is our ordered engine. Between the two, they seem to contain all the parts that would have been needed to build ours. Color not an issue as Granite Crystal 1500 Limited models are on the spreadsheet with window stickers (later VIN numbers). My understanding is that Sold orders get first build. Questioning how our dealer has this many stock trucks arriving before ours, and if some truth to the conspiracy theory and we are paying the consequences for our dealer getting caught placing bogus sold orders? Husband planning to call sales department tomorrow. Advice?

PS - thanks to all that have provided information that has educated us on this crazy
Correction… none of the trucks in transit have the Tow Package or Off Road Package, so feel a little better (but not much). Do these packages seem to be a build hold-up

SNE

Reaction score
Update and question: Ram Chat on Tuesday informed D1 status preparing for build. Didn’t get hopes up as we had heard this before. Our sales rep at the dealer was out and returned today. Checked status and sent note that our truck has a scheduled ship date of Sunday Oct 10. No build sheet that I can find (although uncertain if doing correctly). Not at that step yet? Seems there should be a build sheet if shipping is two days away? Hopeful, but not getting too excited yet 🙄

jent

Reaction score
I tried to place an order and the dealership said they can't order with the advanced safety group right now. Has anyone else encountered this? Has anyone recently made an order with the advanced safety group?

Calileta

Reaction score
Update and question: Ram Chat on Tuesday informed D1 status preparing for build. Didn’t get hopes up as we had heard this before. Our sales rep at the dealer was out and returned today. Checked status and sent note that our truck has a scheduled ship date of Sunday Oct 10. No build sheet that I can find (although uncertain if doing correctly). Not at that step yet? Seems there should be a build sheet if shipping is two days away? Hopeful, but not getting too excited yet 🙄
I’m pullin for ya. I’m supposed to have an estimated ship date of the 19th, but they might be lying.

firedfly

Reaction score
The scheduled ship date does not mean the truck will ship on that date. At best, it means that is when the truck is scheduled to be built and you *might* get a build sheet a day or two after this. I had a scheduled ship date of 10/2 (a Saturday). That was around when the truck was built and I had a build sheet on 10/4 (Monday). My window sticker was on 10/5, but not all trucks get their window sticker that quickly.

If you are in D1 status, your truck should be built soon. However, some people have gone from D1 back to D. Until you get a build sheet, I wouldn't get your hopes up.

Users who are viewing this thread