5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Orders

nloftman92

Reaction score
To play devils advocate, it’s fair to think that their terms are different than ours. The example of “shipped” has already come up. Their definition of “stated production” may mean they started building the schedule two weeks ago. A schedule which may not call for physical piece in piece construction for another few weeks. But building a schedule is part of the process. Which would correspond to some of the moves to D1, btw.

This is all to say that it isn’t necessarily misinformation or a smokescreen but a difference in terminology.
Great point. Never thought of it that way

22RebelGT

Reaction score
Being Canadian is probably what will set you back. As far as I can infer, there’s something about trucks built for Canada that is causing Stellantis major delays.
I was told by three different dealerships here in Canada that I would have major delays if I ordered a sunroof on my Rebel. I specifically wanted no sunroof so didn’t care and not sure if there is anything at all to that but so far my Canadian Rebel ordered in June is now D1. So fingers crossed I am ok 🤷🏼 Maybe being a GT makes a difference. No clue…...

Wlgtv

Reaction score
Was told the same thing for my CDN Sport recently. Glass shortage may affect the build due to my sunroof. But hey I ordered a ‘21 in March and it converted to a 22’ that’s price and promotion protected and I’m putting the km’s on my 19’. What’s a few more weeks 🤣

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
To play devils advocate, it’s fair to think that their terms are different than ours. The example of “shipped” has already come up. Their definition of “stated production” may mean they started building the schedule two weeks ago. A schedule which may not call for physical piece in piece construction for another few weeks. But building a schedule is part of the process. Which would correspond to some of the moves to D1, btw.

This is all to say that it isn’t necessarily misinformation or a smokescreen but a difference in terminology.
I agree that the schedule to them is different than what we conceive.But without any data or official numbers, it gets confusing. With lack of chips and delays to covid, the time will fluctuate. Communication have not been good.

I don't know why they can give us those numbers. It's not a killer, especially if it's the end of the year models... if they can say " we have 30k ....2021 trucks to build left" and just tell us how many they built (which we do have). They don't even have to tell us what was sold or not. Obviously things can change that can delay things, but at least the public have a number. The numbers will eventually come out...so I just don't get it.

All makers hare having issues, so being transparent with what you can share would make better communications with customers.

Some die hard folks won't switch brands, however if dealers can't relay proper realistic times to folks, then you will see people make the switch. So far I've been patient with waiting 3 months. I know some of you waited longer.

Here the thing, if the dealer told me that it would take 6 months, I would say "sure, I can wait that long, i will work around that schedule, here is my deposit". If the dealer told me he didn't know, that's a problem.

2022 Ram 1500 Big horn Back country (D status)

2016 Dodge Charger scat pack and my wife 2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara (2.5" rc lift with 35" duratracs)

jheard2020

Reaction score
Just finished with ram chat. I am still in the scheduling proccess (would not give status code) but im pretty sure that's D. Also, I didn't get a screenshot in time but they said something along the lines of "keep in mind the 22's just started production 2 weeks ago". So not sure if she was just saying that or they actually started production 2 weeks ago
I talked to them yesterday and specifically asked if 2022 1500's are currently being produced and was told no with no eta.

Fliphappy

Reaction score
I agree that the schedule to them is different than what we conceive.But without any data or official numbers, it gets confusing. With lack of chips and delays to covid, the time will fluctuate. Communication have not been good.

I don't know why they can give us those numbers. It's not a killer, especially if it's the end of the year models... if they can say " we have 30k ....2021 trucks to build left" and just tell us how many they built (which we do have). They don't even have to tell us what was sold or not. Obviously things can change that can delay things, but at least the public have a number. The numbers will eventually come out...so I just don't get it.

All makers hare having issues, so being transparent with what you can share would make better communications with customers.

Some die hard folks won't switch brands, however if dealers can't relay proper realistic times to folks, then you will see people make the switch. So far I've been patient with waiting 3 months. I know some of you waited longer.

Here the thing, if the dealer told me that it would take 6 months, I would say "sure, I can wait that long, i will work around that schedule, here is my deposit". If the dealer told me he didn't know, that's a problem.

2016 Dodge Charger scat pack and my wife 2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara (2.5" rc lift with 35" duratracs)
I work on the home building industry. I know down to the day how long it takes to build every plan type and elevation we sell. But there is a damn good reason that at contract we give a 3 month window of when the house may close escrow, then give the specific date about 45 days in advance. Stuff happens. It’s not always the best policy to give detailed timeframes in an industry that involves piecing together components from countless other companies you don’t control, and oh yeah, it’s also a pandemic.

I’m not saying communication couldn’t be better but I would say take what “misinformation” you are receiving with a grain of salt. Dealers aren’t terribly incentivized to tell the truth because usually it’s a bad truth that may cause you to jump ship. It’s a game of telephone and you can’t be sure the conflicted information you hear out of the receiver on your end is the same as the information that was shared two or three steps up the line.

Last edited:

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I work on the home building industry. I know down to the day how long it takes to build every plan type and elevation we sell. But there is a damn good reason that at contract we give a 3 month window of when the house may close escrow, then give the specific date about 45 days in advance. Stuff happens. It’s not always the best policy to give detailed timeframes in an industry that involves piecing together components from countless other companies you don’t control, and oh yeah, it’s also a pandemic.

I’m not saying communication couldn’t be better but I would say take what “misinformation” you are receiving with a grain of salt. Dealers are terribly incentivized to tell the truth because usually it’s a bad truth that may cause you to jump ship. It’s a game of telephone and you can’t be sure the conflicted information you hear out of the receiver on your end is the same as the information that was shared two or three steps up the line.
Couldn't agree with you more. I don't need exact dates and times, because right now it's unstable environment, and things fluctuate.

But how come @Eighty can come up with a chart on his own (and he is adjusting for fluctuating dates and other information), and we can't get something even in the balkpark from stelantis? Even dealers would be jealous of the data @Eighty has...lol.

JBV

Reaction score
well here's my VIN, sent by the salesman upon request. is there any magic to it? do the bright minds in here know how to read the entrails and give me an idea when this truck should come, haha....
1C6SRFMT6NN151108

Fliphappy

Reaction score
Couldn't agree with you more. I don't need exact dates and times, because right now it's unstable environment, and things fluctuate.

But how come @Eighty can come up with a chart on his own (and he is adjusting for fluctuating dates and other information), and we can't get something even in the balkpark from stelantis? Even dealers would be jealous of the data @Eighty has...lol.

Fair. But that’s the dealers vs. the manufacturer who are not one in the same. Their motivations are not always in alignment nor do they want to necessarily be public about crossing/correcting each other. It’s a symbiotic relationship while both parties have very different obligations to what is their actual, direct customer.

RockJock

Reaction score
well here's my VIN, sent by the salesman upon request. is there any magic to it? do the bright minds in here know how to read the entrails and give me an idea when this truck should come, haha....
1C6SRFMT6NN151108
Submitted March 31? My VIN is 150187 from August 2

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
If only I had the skills that @triple_B has, then I’d be really dangerous.
My line of work requires me to schedule and forecast large construction projects (tens of millions of dollars each) as far out as 2 years. With crazy variables like weather delays, labor shortages, material and equipment problems, permitting problems, incompetency, and general stupidity. So taking a half-educated stab at factory conditions feels pretty laid back to me. Of course, this is the first time I’ve done this, so I reserve the right to be dead-@ss wrong.
I’m sure Stellantis has its own highly-accurate scheduling system with contingencies for shortages and such. But if they published it, the torch-bearing villagers of the chat forums would string them up by their thumbs if it was inaccurate. Even in my business, there’s a big difference between “what I’m sure we can do” vs. “what I’m going to commit to in a contract with liquidated damages”. So I get it. But with that said, it would be nice if they said something. Right now, it’s just radio silence.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
1C6SRFMT6NN151108
So this is a Big Horn, right? I didn’t realize you could get it in Olive Green. Was this a 2021 order converted to a 2022?
I’ll add you to the tracker and you’ll see it in tomorrow’s update.

Mjbano

Reaction score
Setting up a chip fab plant is an extremely complicated process. I've built some of the chip plants at Motorola and Texas Instruments. You don't just toss up a circus tent and start making chips. I think the US now realizes that we need to be a little more independent for critical things like this, so there's movement towards that goal...but it will take years to happen.

Side story. When I went through the safety orientation to build the Motorola Z plant in Austin (back in the mid-90's), I remember them saying, "You see that big tank there? If you breach that tank, half of the city of Austin will die in the first 30 minutes." It was some kind of acid (don't remember which anymore).
Damn, that must have been some nasty stuff in the tank. Its very frustrating America is so dependent on other countries for our goods. I sure hope my kids see "Made in America" in their lifetime.

Mjbano

Reaction score
Setting up a chip fab plant is an extremely complicated process. I've built some of the chip plants at Motorola and Texas Instruments. You don't just toss up a circus tent and start making chips. I think the US now realizes that we need to be a little more independent for critical things like this, so there's movement towards that goal...but it will take years to happen.

Side story. When I went through the safety orientation to build the Motorola Z plant in Austin (back in the mid-90's), I remember them saying, "You see that big tank there? If you breach that tank, half of the city of Austin will die in the first 30 minutes." It was some kind of acid (don't remember which anymore).
Damn, that must have been some nasty stuff in the tank. Its very frustrating America is so dependent on other countries for our goods. I sure hope my kids see "Made in America" in their lifetime.
I totally agree, and we depend on other countries like china for our pharmaceuticals. Really we are so *** backwards china keeps its owen people in salve camps and we just keep them funded to the point they will overtake us. Well we know our politicians are in bed with them. If this was 60 years ago we would be building or making what we needed. I believe they also keep our power grid going with replacements parts. If there is ever a EMP discharged we are done the only survives are going to people in Alaska that dont depend on anyone for anything.
Totally Agree. On a side note, we aren't too far from each other. I'm in Beaver County. I did some work in Youngwood.

Users who are viewing this thread