5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Orders

Never2many

Reaction score
Could you add me to notifications
Last 6 of vin is 158364
Order 8-22-21
2500 tradesman

Thanks

DTol

Reaction score
Perhaps this is a stupid question, but........ WTF is the deal with these chips? We (America) can develop a "vaccine" in 6 months, have a place called silicone valley, but cant make our own chips? What the heck is going on here? I cant seem to find a legit answer to this. Anyone? Please educate me.
Absolutely we could, except, they don't want to pay the wages Americans would demand.

PaHydroRam

Reaction score
And to add to the already brutal wait........ My tires finally came in so I get to stare at these everyday until the truck arrives.....

Attachments

• Wheels and Tires.jpg
    Wheels and Tires.jpg
    107.2 KB · Views: 46

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Perhaps this is a stupid question, but........ WTF is the deal with these chips? We (America) can develop a "vaccine" in 6 months, have a place called silicone valley, but cant make our own chips? What the heck is going on here? I cant seem to find a legit answer to this. Anyone? Please educate me.
Setting up a chip fab plant is an extremely complicated process. I've built some of the chip plants at Motorola and Texas Instruments. You don't just toss up a circus tent and start making chips. I think the US now realizes that we need to be a little more independent for critical things like this, so there's movement towards that goal...but it will take years to happen.

Side story. When I went through the safety orientation to build the Motorola Z plant in Austin (back in the mid-90's), I remember them saying, "You see that big tank there? If you breach that tank, half of the city of Austin will die in the first 30 minutes." It was some kind of acid (don't remember which anymore).

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Could you add me to notifications
Last 6 of vin is 158364
Order 8-22-21
2500 tradesman

Thanks
Is this a DT tradesman, or a 1500 Classic Tradesman?

Edit: Nevermind, I just read the last line. You've got an HD truck. You'll need to try the HD Rams forum. I'm only tracking 1500's. Your truck is built in a different factory.

They've got a tracker going on over there.

AngelPhoenix

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Side story. When I went through the safety orientation to build the Motorola Z plant in Austin (back in the mid-90's), I remember them saying, "You see that big tank there? If you breach that tank, half of the city of Austin will die in the first 30 minutes." It was some kind of acid (don't remember which anymore).
lol WOW! The things we don't know about...

skyshade

Reaction score
Did you already have a Rebel on order?

I reached out to my dealer yesterday again about the Rebel 12A package on my order after seeing @Eighty comment about that potentially holding up his order. Her response was pretty cut and dry. I think she's getting tired of me asking LOL. She said "Production already confirmed your order and they will fulfill your order as submitted." She did mention that if I put in the change request and Stellantis were to accept it, they would re-invoice and my price protection would be gone. No thanks LOL.

My order includes the Advanced Safety Group.

No I did not order yet, I'm working to get a Limited instead of a Rebel. In your case, based on the others feedback here, seems RAM will honor your build since you probably put it long time ago before this decisions. Check the messages here, but seems your dealer can confirm this information with the factory.

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I really hope ram can update their website soon for the 2022 models, so even if we aren't getting the trucks just yet, we can play around with the configuration tool, with pictures for the time being.

With that said, I'm always fascinated by the build process of our truck. Would anybody know and give a guesstimate on how many orders do that change from D to D1? Do you think a 5-10k trucks hit that status at a time?

2022 Ram 1500 Big horn Back country (D status)

2016 Dodge Charger scat pack and my wife 2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara (2.5" rc lift with 35" duratracs)

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
I really hope ram can update their website soon for the 2022 models, so even if we aren't getting the trucks just yet, we can play around with the configuration tool, with pictures for the time being.

With that said, I'm always fascinated by the build process of our truck. Would anybody know and give a guesstimate on how many orders do that change from D to D1? Do you think a 5-10k trucks hit that status at a time?

I also would like to see the web site updated

I wonder that also given they say they build 6k a week.

PCHokie

Reaction score
Absolutely we could, except, they don't want to pay the wages Americans would demand.
I looked up TSMC (world's largest contract chipmaker) median salary which was $64,874 and 90% of their workforce is in Taiwan. I also looked up Micron median salary which was $50,315 ($47, 596 average salary) at their Manassas, VA facility. While not a true apple to apple comparison, I was expecting median salary for TSMC to be substantially lower.

Don't know why I am posting this, other than I found the information interesting.

RDSnj2021

Reaction score
I agree, the stop and go stuff is concerning. And everyone is fighting for chips.
Ive still been shopping around. If I find a 21 with what I want at a …..reasonable price, this guy could cancel and bail. And I’ve only waiting about a month. The only thing I would really miss would be the UC5. Just scared it’s gonna get worse before it gets better.
U5 connect is worth the wsit for a 22

rrutkf80

Reaction score
mine was ordered in May and the vin i got is NN100517 which would appear to be right at start of production. Mine is a Rebel loaded and set up for towing with an EcoDiesel. I havent gotten anything for a status yet other than the VIN

ekaz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
mine was ordered in May and the vin i got is NN100517 which would appear to be right at start of production. Mine is a Rebel loaded and set up for towing with an EcoDiesel. I havent gotten anything for a status yet other than the VIN
Contact your dealer or ramchat. The dealer can give you the letter code, ramchat will give you a canned response and if you share that here, we can decipher it.

nloftman92

Reaction score
Hello, wanted to add my order details. Ordered 2022 1500 big horn night edition with a bunch of options. Order date was 6/25. Last 6 digits of vin are 119106. I haven't been checking in very frequently but at one point i was in D1 and am currently in D now. I do not have any dates as to when status changed or when assogned vin.

Users who are viewing this thread