5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Orders

Alex K

Reaction score
Just got back some info from my dealer (who spoke to his rep about my concern with having the discontinued Rebel 12A package). The rep said, "I see that this order was placed in May, but job #1 at this plant was August 26th. This truck is scheduled and should be built to the customer's specs but it does have a lot of options and the chip shortage is most likely a big part of the delay. Sold orders always top priority and this unit should be built as soon as all components are available."

Gee, thanks for that useless answer. And I passed along that job #1 hasn't happened yet (and is supposed to be 9/11). Hour-long delay in response, and the rep says, "I just found out on another call that job#1 was pushed back to 9/12, so they haven't built the first 2022 yet".

Well, at least I got something useful out of the exchange. 9/11 has become 9/12 (presumably due to today's unexpected stoppage). And it's nice to know that we're more in-tune with the factory than the reps are.
So they are going to start the 22's on a Sunday? Lol

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Their Monday midnight shifts actually start on Sunday nights.

NOVA-Rebel

Reaction score
Did you already have a Rebel on order?

I reached out to my dealer yesterday again about the Rebel 12A package on my order after seeing @Eighty comment about that potentially holding up his order. Her response was pretty cut and dry. I think she's getting tired of me asking LOL. She said "Production already confirmed your order and they will fulfill your order as submitted." She did mention that if I put in the change request and Stellantis were to accept it, they would re-invoice and my price protection would be gone. No thanks LOL.

My order includes the Advanced Safety Group.
I did the same and my dealer gave me pretty much the same response. You’ll get what you ordered. Of course they wouldn’t gurantee the statement.

AngelPhoenix

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I did the same and my dealer gave me pretty much the same response. You’ll get what you ordered. Of course they wouldn’t gurantee the statement.
This would be true in any "normal" year-to-year transition period. Of course, this is all anything but normal.

Honestly, I don't care too much when they start, they could take another week or another month if it means they will be able to KEEP GOING. That's the key. If they produce for 2 weeks and then stop for a week, then produce for a week and then stop for a week, etc. That would drive me/us way more crazy, I think, than having to wait longer but having a consistent stream of trucks coming out.

Shawn19

Reaction score
I agree, the stop and go stuff is concerning. And everyone is fighting for chips.
Ive still been shopping around. If I find a 21 with what I want at a …..reasonable price, this guy could cancel and bail. And I’ve only waiting about a month. The only thing I would really miss would be the UC5. Just scared it’s gonna get worse before it gets better.

DTol

Reaction score
In
I agree, the stop and go stuff is concerning. And everyone is fighting for chips.
Ive still been shopping around. If I find a 21 with what I want at a …..reasonable price, this guy could cancel and bail. And I’ve only waiting about a month. The only thing I would really miss would be the UC5. Just scared it’s gonna get worse before it gets better.
Looks like all the cool stuff on uc5 is by subscription. Not much to miss.

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score

jlinsenbardt

Reaction score
"To determine popular times, wait times, and visit duration, Google uses aggregated and anonymized data from users who have opted in to Google Location History. ... Visit data may include: Popular times graph: This graph shows how busy your location typically is during different times of the day."

DTol

Reaction score
2022 RAM is pretty much the same as 2021 except for a couple of things - 1. Uc5 which increases the subscription requirements to get the good stuff out of it, 2. New seating materials that add cloth to the top levels, and 3. They have taken the opportunity to restructure the options groups to make you buy even more stuff you don't want to get what you do want.

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
"To determine popular times, wait times, and visit duration, Google uses aggregated and anonymized data from users who have opted in to Google Location History. ... Visit data may include: Popular times graph: This graph shows how busy your location typically is during different times of the day."
it includes everything coming and going.
I just did a costco near me and it is way busier then google shows.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
it includes everything coming and going.
I just did a costco near me and it is way busier then google shows.
For what it's worth, Google seems pretty accurate for SHAP. When the plant was shut down several weeks ago, it clearly reflected that.

KWKSLVR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If you have Google Maps or an Android phone in your pocket and your Location Services is on with Google Location History opted into, Google is randomizing your location traffic and following you where ever you go. Look at it as traffic from those people.

jlinsenbardt

Reaction score
It determines trends over time for specific locations. What is "busy" for one business may not be busy for another.

AngelPhoenix

Ram Guru
Reaction score
2022 RAM is pretty much the same as 2021 except for a couple of things - 1. Uc5 which increases the subscription requirements to get the good stuff out of it, 2. New seating materials that add cloth to the top levels, and 3. They have taken the opportunity to restructure the options groups to make you buy even more stuff you don't want to get what you do want.
Always less for your money, never more, right?

That being said, wireless Android Auto is huge for me personally.

Mjbano

Reaction score
Perhaps this is a stupid question, but........ WTF is the deal with these chips? We (America) can develop a "vaccine" in 6 months, have a place called silicone valley, but cant make our own chips? What the heck is going on here? I cant seem to find a legit answer to this. Anyone? Please educate me.

PCHokie

Reaction score
Perhaps this is a stupid question, but........ WTF is the deal with these chips? We (America) can develop a "vaccine" in 6 months, have a place called silicone valley, but cant make our own chips? What the heck is going on here? I cant seem to find a legit answer to this. Anyone? Please educate me.

Users who are viewing this thread