5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Orders

ekaz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Welp, not in C status anymore....back to D. It looks like I made it through the audits. LOL Come on D1 status!

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
...and then the bad news came....

Just heard this:
Production got sent home early today, they didn't have any cabs coming out of paint today.

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
...and then the bad news came....

Just heard this:
Production got sent home early today, they didn't have any cabs coming out of paint today.
Is that good news then...meaning they are done with the 2021?

2022 Ram 1500 Big horn Back country (D status)

2016 Dodge Charger scat pack and my wife 2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara (2.5" rc lift with 35" duratracs)

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Is that good news then...meaning they are done with the 2021?
Not sure how you'd interpret it that way. Sending people home on a production day is hardly good news. Probably means something is broken in the paint department, and brought the entire factory to a standstill. So I'm guessing that just pushed back the 2022's by a day or more.

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Not sure how you'd interpret it that way. Sending people home on a production day is hardly good news. Probably means something is broken in the paint department, and brought the entire factory to a standstill. So I'm guessing that just pushed back the 2022's by a day or more.
We'll I'm just playing on the positive side. Your notes don't say if anything was broken, or why production stopped...just that product wasn't coming out of paint.

I can think that maybe some minor retooling, or some prep work before switching over to 2022. Trying to stay positive. Any downtime from them, in any negative way, wouldn't look good on their side.

2022 Ram 1500 Big horn Back country (D status)

2016 Dodge Charger scat pack and my wife 2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara (2.5" rc lift with 35" duratracs)

Last edited:

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Definitely looks like they've sent people home. Just a few hours ago, it was "as busy as it gets".

1631203564718.png

Pi Esq.

Reaction score
Can you imagine the tech that says “alright, I need to put in the missing sensor in vin xxxxxx” then looks at a field of 60k trucks, and figure out which one it is without looking at every sinigle vin?

2022 Big Horn Back Country
6/14…order placed
6/24…D status and Vin

2016 Dodge Charger scat pack and my wife 2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
It's this same logic that has me concerned about those of us that ordered vehicles before the packages were realigned. It's hard to imagine that POC's will be built as-ordered given the massive changes that have occurred. It'd be akin to @arod412's example above... line techs and/or schedulers and/or anyone else involved in the process having to figure out which [insert model here] gets ASG and which does not.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Just got back some info from my dealer (who spoke to his rep about my concern with having the discontinued Rebel 12A package). The rep said, "I see that this order was placed in May, but job #1 at this plant was August 26th. This truck is scheduled and should be built to the customer's specs but it does have a lot of options and the chip shortage is most likely a big part of the delay. Sold orders always top priority and this unit should be built as soon as all components are available."

Gee, thanks for that useless answer. And I passed along that job #1 hasn't happened yet (and is supposed to be 9/11). Hour-long delay in response, and the rep says, "I just found out on another call that job#1 was pushed back to 9/12, so they haven't built the first 2022 yet".

Well, at least I got something useful out of the exchange. 9/11 has become 9/12 (presumably due to today's unexpected stoppage). And it's nice to know that we're more in-tune with the factory than the reps are.

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
Just got back some info from my dealer (who spoke to his rep about my concern with having the discontinued Rebel 12A package). The rep said, "I see that this order was placed in May, but job #1 at this plant was August 26th. This truck is scheduled and should be built to the customer's specs but it does have a lot of options and the chip shortage is most likely a big part of the delay. Sold orders always top priority and this unit should be built as soon as all components are available."

Gee, thanks for that useless answer. And I passed along that job #1 hasn't happened yet (and is supposed to be 9/11). Hour-long delay in response, and the rep says, "I just found out on another call that job#1 was pushed back to 9/12, so they haven't built the first 2022 yet".

Well, at least I got something useful out of the exchange. 9/11 has become 9/12 (presumably due to today's unexpected stoppage). And it's nice to know that we're more in-tune with the factory than the reps are.
reps sit behind a desk and relay what their boss wants them too relay.

Users who are viewing this thread