5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Orders

Werfs Flammen

Reaction score
I'm surprised anybody relies on the built-in navigation anymore with new vehicles. Bought my wife an Audi just over a year ago and we've used the built-in navigation maybe a half a dozen times. We always use Waze with the Android Auto. The only frustrating thing in her car is that we have to plug in the phone. I'm really looking forward to the wireless Android Auto with the UConnect5.

My BMW is a 2013 does not have an android auto or apple car play. That is before those were a feature in most cars. Its less about using it for normal nav as just seeing the roads I am driving on. I updated it not long ago and there are still times I drive in areas that are not marked as roads yet.

ekaz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Well, according to chat, it seems that I am still in D status...scheduled and waiting for parts to be received. I am going to check with my dealer later today or tomorrow

Randboye

Reaction score
I knew the wait would be long and grueling. When I ordered, Sandi @ MD told me 12-16 weeks once MY22 production starts. Seriously doubt it will be anywhere near that. Today marks 3 months since I placed my order. At least we can all suffer together. Misery loves company right? haha
3 months today for me too.
And my dealer said last week I'm just in D status

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
You know, I'm all about personal responsibility and the freedom to live your life the way you want...

But somebody needs to enforce globally standardize measurements already. FFS.
Tried that already. 25-ish years ago, the federal government tried to mandate the metric system for all federal work. It was a flaming disaster. Built a courthouse in Corpus Christi TX with all dimensions in millimeters. No one knew what to do - we suffered through about half of the job with it (making mistakes everywhere), then finally gave up and created a duplicate set of drawings using feet/inches. Turns out you can't just flip a switch and convert.

AngelPhoenix

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Tried that already. 25-ish years ago, the federal government tried to mandate the metric system for all federal work. It was a flaming disaster. Built a courthouse in Corpus Christi TX with all dimensions in millimeters. No one knew what to do - we suffered through about half of the job with it (making mistakes everywhere), then finally gave up and created a duplicate set of drawings using feet/inches. Turns out you can't just flip a switch and convert.
Yeah I know. Add it to my list of pipe dreams.

Like having my truck by Veteran's Day lol.

Pi Esq.

Reaction score
Maybe you missed the part where the most important parts we’ll use for UC5 are those below and you’ll only have them for 3 months then have to pay for them. It’ll be interesting to hear if the Nav is still usable after 3months. Also looks like everyone will still have outdated maps without paying a subscription fee.

Assistance + Navigation (3 month trial)

Remote Vehicle Operations
Connect to your car no matter where you are. The Ram Mobile App is an essential tool for Ram vehicle owners. With this one app, you’ll have more control of your vehicle, more convenience in your day and more peace of mind than you ever thought possible. Take driving to a whole new level, whether you’re in the driver’s seat or not.
Alexa Vehicle Assistant
Command your vehicle from the comfort of your home using only your voice. Simply ask Alexa on an Alexa-enabled device to start/stop the engine, lock/unlock the doors, check tire pressure, flash the lights and more. With available TomTom Navigation, you can also ask Alexa to find restaurants, gas stations and other destinations and then send the addresses directly to your vehicle for added convenience.
Drive Alerts
Drive Alerts helps promote safer driving and gives you peace of mind when your loved ones are out on the road. You can set boundary limits, monitor driving speed, and pinpoint your vehicle’s location at any point and any place.
Send Destination to Vehicle
Use your vehicle’s mobile app to search for a destination or point of interest, then send the address directly to your vehicle’s navigation system – from home, work or anywhere else. By the time you get behind the wheel, your car will be ready to take you where you want to go!
Last Mile Navigation
Because there’s not always a parking spot outside the restaurant or coffee shop, Last Mile Navigation provides walking directions from your parked vehicle to your final destination – or from your destination back to your parking spot – by seamlessly synchronizing your vehicle to your compatible smartphone or wearable device.
Alexa Built-In
With Amazon Alexa Built-In for the Uconnect® 5 radio in your vehicle, you can have the convenience of the Alexa features you enjoy at home, now on the go. Just ask Alexa to play music and audiobooks, place calls, get directions, set reminders and more – all without taking your hands off the wheel or eyes off the road.
Google Vehicle Assistant
Command your vehicle from the comfort of your home using only your voice. Simply ask Google on any device with Google Assistant to start/stop the engine, lock/unlock the doors, check tire pressure, flash the lights and more. With available TomTom Navigation, you can also ask Google to find restaurants, gas stations and other destinations and then send the addresses directly to your vehicle for added convenience.
Smartwatch Extension
Check on your vehicle as easily and conveniently as you check the time. Select Connected services can be accessed through your compatible smartwatch when it’s paired to your smartphone and vehicle app.
TomTom Navigation
Never fumble for directions on your smartphone again. Uconnect® 5 with TomTom Navigation is an intuitive and advanced navigation system offering the most up-to-date map and location technology available.
TomTom Traffic and Travel Services
From accurate ETAs to instant reroutes based on real-time traffic flow, your navigation map will come to life with TomTom Traffic & Travel Services, a feature that provides increased convenience by integrating up-to-the-moment travel information seamlessly into your journey.
Remote Map Updates
Remote Map Updates keep your Uconnect® system current with the latest street and highway changes, saving time and finding fuel on the most direct routes
Advance Search
New points of interest are created all the time. Advance Search is an always-up-to-date online search solution.
Dynamic Range Mapping
How far can you go with the fuel you have left? Find out with Dynamic Range Mapping, a graphic representation of your current vehicle range using built-in navigation.
While most people I know never use the native navigation systems in their vehicles because they use an app on their phones instead (Waze, Google/Apple Maps, etc.), it is supremely disappointing that Ram uses TomTom. The OEM TomTom solution is horrible, feels like it is perpetually 3+ years behind with its maps, and generally just sucks. I'd honestly pay money to never have my truck infected with such software.

AngelPhoenix

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Part of me feels like I goofed and missed out on some stuff (like the TTPMS or the protection group) by not ordering sooner, but part of me feels like the wait would already be unbearable for me at this point haha.

ekaz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
While most people I know never use the native navigation systems in their vehicles because they use an app on their phones instead (Waze, Google/Apple Maps, etc.), it is supremely disappointing that Ram uses TomTom. The OEM TomTom solution is horrible, feels like it is perpetually 3+ years behind with its maps, and generally just sucks. I'd honestly pay money to never have my truck infected with such software.
Back in 2012 I had a 300 and the maps were by Garmin and there was a way we could use the new maps from Garmin and load them into the factory nav. It was a hack of sorts but worked. I wonder if there is or will be something similar for TomTom

Jtr

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Back in 2012 I had a 300 and the maps were by Garmin and there was a way we could use the new maps from Garmin and load them into the factory nav. It was a hack of sorts but worked. I wonder if there is or will be something similar for TomTom
My fear is that will be the catch with a lot of services on the uconnect 5, most of the stuff that will make it great will be "pay-walled".

PCHokie

Reaction score
It would a tough adjustment saying my RAM can tow 592 stones.

franky1397z

Reaction score
Hello all, just got registered. I placed my 2022 order this weekend. I cannot wait for this thing to get here. I ended up ordering a 2022 Limited in Delmonico Red with Night Package.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Hello all, just got registered. I placed my 2022 order this weekend. I cannot wait for this thing to get here. I ended up ordering a 2022 Limited in Delmonico Red with Night Package.
Ok, let me know the last 6 digits of your VIN (when you get it), and I'll add you to the tracker.

Pi Esq.

Reaction score
I apologize for the digression from the topic of the thread, but as one who studied math and physics in undergrad and used the metric system almost exclusively in both (I'm an American and went to college in the states), I've never understood the problems with going from one system (Imperial) to the other (Metric). I've always found the metric system to offer precision more easily (i.e., 6 3/8" vs. 162mm), and, as a base-10 system, it's much easier to add measurements.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I apologize for the digression from the topic of the thread, but as one who studied math and physics in undergrad and used the metric system almost exclusively in both (I'm an American and went to college in the states), I've never understood the problems with going from one system (Imperial) to the other (Metric). I've always found the metric system to offer precision more easily (i.e., 6 3/8" vs. 162mm), and, as a base-10 system, it's much easier to add measurements.
If you dealt with the same workforce that I do, it would make more sense. A lot of my workers can't even read their paychecks. But they know how to use a hammer and a feet/inches tape measure. To truly convert to metric, you have to retrain EVERYONE in the United States. Not just workers, but everyone.

AMS Guru

AMS Guru, Ram Guru-ish
Reaction score
You know, I'm all about personal responsibility and the freedom to live your life the way you want...

But somebody needs to enforce globally standardize measurements already. FFS.
I was told over 30 years ago when I was in school that the US would be fully metric by the time I was an adult and we're no closer now than we were then.....

SeaSkag

Reaction score
I'm also 3+ months in D status.
But if you ask my dealership, I only just got a VIN and D status last Tuesday. lol
#SimiValleyRamIsItsOwnClusterfuck #incompetent

2022LaramieGT

Reaction score
So you guys are telling me. I have to pay for something monthly that I already paid for?!? I thought it was just included with the vehicle. Are you guys sure it’s a paid subscription for the 22 models

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    143.9 KB · Views: 95

Users who are viewing this thread