5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Orders

Mexd781

Reaction score
Same after hearing all the people going D1 today, kind of annoyed seeing so many late august and september orders Queue up, id be sanguine if everyone in front of me was popping up but this is dumb
I'm late August and the parts fairies are still out searching for mine (D status) if that makes you feel better.

ekaz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ordered end of June and still D status. I try not to look too much as to when the truck was ordered, happy for those getting built. That said, the TRX guys experienced the same thing.

AngelPhoenix

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yep, I haven't even been waiting as long as most on here but agree with you. This will definetly be the last vehicle I ever order, especially from Ram if this is what the process is like all the time.
I'm pretty sure this year is an extreme circumstance, though it could very well continue on into next until these vehicle OEM's get their chip situation sorted, which from everything I've read could be quite the project.

In other words, it's probably not a good indicator of what the process is normally like, but at the same time, this was always coming eventually.

KWKSLVR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ordered end of June and still D status. I try not to look too much as to when the truck was ordered, happy for those getting built. That said, the TRX guys experienced the same thing.
I ordered a few days before you and I'm still in D. They do seem to be producing what is closest to the plant first though (mine will be delivered to Louisiana).

Pi Esq.

Reaction score
Just a word of caution... While "all the parts have been received," or other similar such statements, does seem like D1, I would make sure to check with your dealer first. I recall a few people have been given that status from Ram Chat and were still in plain "D" status.

Werfs Flammen

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure this year is an extreme circumstance, though it could very well continue on into next until these vehicle OEM's get their chip situation sorted, which from everything I've read could be quite the project.

In other words, it's probably not a good indicator of what the process is normally like, but at the same time, this was always coming eventually.
I kind of agree this is going to be what the norm is probably like. With the high amount of vehicles pushing for electric by 2024, I think a lot of people are buying new gas powered while they can. I know it slightly pushed up my timeline a little. And then when those are in such high volume, I think we will still see forms of a supply issue. I am worried this won't stabilize for 5+ years.

AngelPhoenix

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just a word of caution... While "all the parts have been received," or other similar such statements, does seem like D1, I would make sure to check with your dealer first. I recall a few people have been given that status from Ram Chat and were still in plain "D" status.
That was the case for me ("parts received" but still in D). Actually, I was given a "ship date" of 10/03 but I'm also still in D. Gonna check in with my dealer mid-next week to see what's going on.

AngelPhoenix

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I kind of agree this is going to be what the norm is probably like. With the high amount of vehicles pushing for electric by 2024, I think a lot of people are buying new gas powered while they can. I know it slightly pushed up my timeline a little. And then when those are in such high volume, I think we will still see forms of a supply issue. I am worried this won't stabilize for 5+ years.
If it ever really does.

Don't want to sound like a broken record but I think there's a good chance that the traditional dealer experience is all but going away, and it's going to be a lot more common for people to have to order a vehicle and wait. Kind of neat in that there will be more vehicles out there that are tailor made for the specific person, and probably less impulse buying of over-optioned trims. Kind of weird in that car production and sales are gonna be much more spread out over the course of each given year.

Werfs Flammen

Reaction score
ok, final discussion with the sales manager at my dealership. He said he found out today they are precluded from price protecting any the MY22 trucks with existing orders, I didn't ask if this means those who have incentives locked in since I was not part of that. He did say all the models are receiving a $2800 price increase this year. But he would honor an invoice price for me, even thought the affiliate program is gone. He said in the past orders placed would get invoiced at the original price and not the increased price, but he said he did not know what would happen this time. But he reassured me (in writing) that he would sell it to me at the invoice price they get from the factory.

AngelPhoenix

Ram Guru
Reaction score
ok, final discussion with the sales manager at my dealership. He said he found out today they are precluded from price protecting any the MY22 trucks with existing orders, I didn't ask if this means those who have incentives locked in since I was not part of that. He did say all the models are receiving a $2800 price increase this year. But he would honor an invoice price for me, even thought the affiliate program is gone. He said in the past orders placed would get invoiced at the original price and not the increased price, but he said he did not know what would happen this time. But he reassured me (in writing) that he would sell it to me at the invoice price they get from the factory.
Seems to me like that's Ram (or whatever OEM) thinking that dealers probably don't need to offer any incentives or discounts at all in order to still move the few units they are getting in.

KWKSLVR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That sounds like hot garbage considering Mark Dodge has all all locked in with old pricing.

Pi Esq.

Reaction score
At least you have a guarantee, in writing, that you'll get invoice price. What remains to be seen is if, or how, Stellantis will purposely inflate the invoice price to pad their books.

I'm not saying it will happen, but I'm also not saying it won't. Given the "new" normal we live in, I wouldn't be surprised if all companies, small or large, or trying to find ways to pinch every last penny out of their customers.

Pi Esq.

Reaction score
That sounds like hot garbage considering Mark Dodge has all all locked in with old pricing.
I haven't seen a Mark Dodge contract (happy to look at one if anyone wants to send one to me), but I can almost guarantee there is a clause in there that would allow Mark Dodge to reneg on its pricing if some event occurs (like the manufacturer charging them significantly more for the vehicle). Another contract (from another dealer) I looked at recently had a clause in it that the order was not actually accepted until the dealer received the vehicle, in which case none of the "guarantees" in the contract really matter, because the dealer could unilaterally cancel the contract before the vehicle is received.

Lawyers suck and have all sorts of tricks to let their clients (like dealers) get away with all sorts of crap.

Signed,

Self-loathing Lawyer

Werfs Flammen

Reaction score
It is possible that Mark dodge moves enough volume they don't have to worry as much about losing some money. There is still profit to the dealers at the invoice price.
He said all his orders in the system have already seen the $2800 price increase, it is possible Mark see's that and either hasn't shared it or is willing to eat that to keep their volume up. I am waiting to see what happens when people start taking delivery.
My guy did state that in previous years the invoice would reflect the original price. Also possible Mark is counting on that. I assume they don't want to ruffle feathers and have people consider going elsewhere before theirs is done being built.

IMO they can say anything, but it is meaningless till you get to the final day and see the final bill. It has happened to me in the past on other automotive matters. I once had a bunch of work done, came to get the bill and got a small price increase. Salesmen showed me the state law that allowed them to charge an extra 1% over the initial quote for the work.

KWKSLVR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I haven't seen a Mark Dodge contract (happy to look at one if anyone wants to send one to me), but I can almost guarantee there is a clause in there that would allow Mark Dodge to reneg on its pricing if some event occurs (like the manufacturer charging them significantly more for the vehicle). Another contract (from another dealer) I looked at recently had a clause in it that the order was not actually accepted until the dealer received the vehicle, in which case none of the "guarantees" in the contract really matter, because the dealer could unilaterally cancel the contract before the vehicle is received.

Lawyers suck and have all sorts of tricks to let their clients (like dealers) get away with all sorts of crap.

Signed,

Self-loathing Lawyer
No doubt, but I have a gut feeling (as bad as those are) that a dealership with a sales model like Mark Dodge knows that such moves can really bite them harder than the regular run of the mill low volume dealer. Stellantis also risks shooting themselves in the foot if they damage the incentives they pay their volume dealers for meeting and exceeding sales goals.

2022LaramieGT

Reaction score
No doubt, but I have a gut feeling (as bad as those are) that a dealership with a sales model like Mark Dodge knows that such moves can really bite them harder than the regular run of the mill low volume dealer. Stellantis also risks shooting themselves in the foot if they damage the incentives they pay their volume dealers for meeting and exceeding sales goals.

No, mark dodge’s contract says that price is subject to change!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rrutkf80

Reaction score
Some encouragement, they keep saying gathering parts on mime and I keep guessing what the hold up would be. My order went in 400 before yours, I thought it might be the trailer tow group but yours has that, Ram box?? I’ll keep treading water

Users who are viewing this thread