5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Orders

Eh_Ron

Reaction score
There's been a lot of discussion about this (somewhere...I get lost between all of the threads). Rumor is that there's a software or possibly a hardware glitch with the new UConnect5 modules (this comes from a guy with inside sources at the factory). Normally, window stickers come out a few days after the build sheets. But in this case, zero window stickers have been issued - even for trucks produced a week ago. I'm assuming that they'll fix this glitch in the next day or two, and start pumping out window stickers.

Assuming no issue with the U5, what would be the normal lag time between build, window sticker, and shipping? Are we outside of the normal lag time yet?
I was on the same page as you and I asked this question a few pages back and think Eighty gave a good response. Have a look hopefully this answers it for you.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Being in Canada as well what was your turnaround time between order and VIN? I "ordered" August 18th and do not have a VIN yet. Chalk this up to being from the North but don't know timing. Dealer was saying "hopefully by end of September". I work in a related industry and understandably, and with some of eighty's data, anticipate a late Jan delivery regardless.
Hey, just following up on this. Did you ever get your VIN?

DTol

Reaction score
Day 6 in I (inspection) status, They must have a big parking lot. I asked ram chat if 6 days in I status was normal and April said it was. Then she looked further and sent me this.
That is 6 days in inspection status. Is that normal?
8:41:43 AM
April
yes it is
8:41:57 AM
I see it has passed
8:42:02 AM
just waiting on the release to next stage.

Mathis35

Reaction score
Day 6 in I (inspection) status, They must have a big parking lot. I asked ram chat if 6 days in I status was normal and April said it was. Then she looked further and sent me this.
That is 6 days in inspection status. Is that normal?
8:41:43 AM
April
yes it is
8:41:57 AM
I see it has passed
8:42:02 AM
just waiting on the release to next stage.
Is there a reason you post the same things in both the 2022 threads? For someone who claims to be concerned about post count, you don't seem very concerned about post count.

DTol

Reaction score
Is there a reason you post the same things in both the 2022 threads? For someone who claims to be concerned about post count, you don't seem very concerned about post count.
Not everything. But, my concern is about diluting the Start thread with chatter. This one is beyond hope. Not everyone is monitoring both I assume. If I can provide information that is good and valid and that can help people understand the process we all are waiting on then I will put it on both. In this case my post tells the reader that it is normal that I status can take 6 days or more and that it will sit there even after it has passed. It also tells the reader Ram Chat doesn't give you all the information that they have available and that if you push them a little they might come up with more.

This thread has a tremendous amount of useful information but you have to wade through 200 pages of chatter to find it. Eighty and Triple B are currently trying to find ways to mitigate just that.

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score

Dupras

Reaction score
Hey, just following up on this. Did you ever get your VIN?
I ordered Aug 15/21 in Canada as well and still don’t have a VIN. Last I was told that things were still restricted which is why things haven’t been picked up by Stellantis yet. I wondered if maybe they were putting the pause on accepting and providing a Vin to those orders until they are certain they will have supply of product

Eh_Ron

Reaction score
I ordered Aug 15/21 in Canada as well and still don’t have a VIN. Last I was told that things were still restricted which is why things haven’t been picked up by Stellantis yet. I wondered if maybe they were putting the pause on accepting and providing a Vin to those orders until they are certain they will have supply of product
I ordered August 18 and in same boat. A bit fearful they wont accept Canadian orders until they can drop the backlog significantly and that may mean a 2023 truck. I know there are a couple members here, believe from Canada, who ordered late 2020 and have yet to have a truck delivered. Hopefully that is not the case.

A co-worker ordered a truck in Feb and received it Aug. Almost 6 months to the day and things are getting worse not better. I have said it but believe it will be late Jan or even into Feb when I get my truck unless for some reason it has the "right" options and gets selected earlier for some odd reason than others.

Johnnyiiiii

Reaction score
Just got my VIN today. Rebel, ordered last week, 9/14, 172585

POC has same options as ordered. Status: “D - Firm schedule“

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Just got my VIN today. Rebel, ordered last week, 9/14, 172585

POC has same options as ordered. Status: “D - Firm schedule“
Ok before I put your info in, you’re just gonna have to tell me how many i’s are in your username because I get cross-eyed trying to count all those.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Haha. It’s Johnny 5!
You know, the Romans used a V for that. And you know what they say…do as the Romans do…

edit: it still surprises me that there is not a user on this forum with the name JohnnyRebel. Finally ran across a candidate and you went with that. SMH

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online