5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Night Edition wrong door panel installed.

Bay Area RAM

Reaction score
Ok…. So my 2022 Limited night edition arrived with a defective rear door panel and it’s being replaced by the dealer. ( the factory shipped the truck with something in the back seat which rubbed against the panel completely screwing up the handle and the leather )

anyway, twice now the dealership has replace the panel and twice now it’s been a different color… they are as confused as I am, they are using the VIN to order the part and it keeps coming with a lighter speaker screen and lighter chrome accents …… see the picture, the lighter panel is the ordered one and the darker one is what came from the factory.

anyone else have a night edition with the darker door panels or is mine some sort of a unicorn ? love to see a pic of someone else’s night edition panels to compare…. Thanks.

Attachments

• C36FC4B2-7BAE-436C-A0BD-85BAC49D2D86.jpeg
    C36FC4B2-7BAE-436C-A0BD-85BAC49D2D86.jpeg
    172.5 KB · Views: 362

UnloosedChewtoy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
That stinks. Always a bad feeling when you and they appear to be doing everything right, but the outcome still isn’t right.

Do the part number stickers/labels on the backs/insides of the panels match? Maybe they should try ordering by part number, rather than VIN. (I’ve had dealerships almost refuse to do this in the past, insisting they only order what the computer tells them to based on the VIN.)

Last edited:

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’m just here to say… I didn’t know the night editions had a slightly different color panel lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
If it's like the HD trucks, the 22 model Limited went to a "blackout" trim color change.

Maybe they're ordering/getting a 21 panel?

Bay Area RAM

Reaction score
That stinks. Always a bad feeling when you and they appear to be doing everything right, but the outcome still isn’t right.

Do the part number stickers/labels on the backs/insides of the panels match? Maybe they should try ordering by part number, rather than VIN. (I’ve had dealerships almost refuse to do this in the past, insisting they only order what the computer tells them to based on the VIN.)
Good point…. I’ll ask them to do that. they kept the factory panel and didn’t send it back so I’ll have them look tomorrow.

Bay Area RAM

Reaction score
If it's like the HD trucks, the 22 model Limited went to a "blackout" trim color change.

Maybe they're ordering/getting a 21 panel?
Interesting…. I figured as much. I had a 2019 limited and the interior was a bit ‘brighter’. These pieces look a little more like ‘black chrome’ …. I’ll mention it to them.

urbnhntr

Reaction score
I don't have a picture on hand, but I also have a 22 Limited Night edition and the metal trim/speaker screens are all darkened.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
My 2021 Limited Night Edition also has the door panels with the dark chrome. They match other interior pieces like the dash and center console.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Are you talking about the speaker grille or the chrome around the speaker grille? I thought the color of the speakers was dependent on whether you have the HK or the Alpine sound system.

jmt8706

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Are you talking about the speaker grille or the chrome around the speaker grille? I thought the color of the speakers was dependent on whether you have the HK or the Alpine sound system.
My alpine grilles are black plastic.

Bay Area RAM

Reaction score
Figured it out… the 2022 night edition has dark chrome on the interior pieces…. which is different from all the previous years I guess. Still waiting on my replacement panel. thanks for all the help.

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
That's at least not a mistake during the initial build, I remember a 2019 Limited that made the rounds on the internet because one side had chrome window trim and the other side black window trim, lol.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
My alpine grilles are black plastic.
I would expect that since you have a Big Horn. Limited door panels are different than Big Horn door panels. Not saying they aren't also black plastic though since I don't think I've seen a Limited with the Alpine system in person.

liq001

Reaction score
Ok…. So my 2022 Limited night edition arrived with a defective rear door panel and it’s being replaced by the dealer. ( the factory shipped the truck with something in the back seat which rubbed against the panel completely screwing up the handle and the leather )

anyway, twice now the dealership has replace the panel and twice now it’s been a different color… they are as confused as I am, they are using the VIN to order the part and it keeps coming with a lighter speaker screen and lighter chrome accents …… see the picture, the lighter panel is the ordered one and the darker one is what came from the factory.

anyone else have a night edition with the darker door panels or is mine some sort of a unicorn ? love to see a pic of someone else’s night edition panels to compare…. Thanks.
So the speaker grill come with the door panel together? I just somehow damaged the speaker grill which need to be replaced? Then I have to replace the entire door panel? Thanks?

MannyN

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So the speaker grill come with the door panel together? I just somehow damaged the speaker grill which need to be replaced? Then I have to replace the entire door panel? Thanks?
So, I looked that up and this is correct. No part number for the grill at all. It is part of the panel. Be prepared, $800 and up according to trim.

Users who are viewing this thread