5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 LONGHORN ORDEER

BAJAN55

Reaction score
Hello, I'm new to this forum. I have ordered a 2022 1500 Limited Longhorn on the first of August and was told to expect the delivery in 8-12 weeks. Is that realistic with all the supply chain problems? I'm selling my old truck now and hoping i wont be without a truck for an extended period of time. Thanks..

Calileta

Reaction score
Hello, I'm new to this forum. I have ordered a 2022 1500 Limited Longhorn on the first of August and was told to expect the delivery in 8-12 weeks. Is that realistic with all the supply chain problems? I'm selling my old truck now and hoping i wont be without a truck for an extended period of time. Thanks..
New member today. I also ordered a 2022 1500 Limited Longhorn on Aug 13. I was given the same timeframe so I hope that’s right. Congrats.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
@BAJAN55 and @Calileta,
If you’d like to be added to the 2022 order tracker, please provide the following information:
Last 6 digits of your VIN (or PM me the full VIN)
Order date
Trim (Limited, Rebel, Bighorn, etc).

the tracking thread is here. Just keep an eye out here for daily updates.

BAJAN55

Reaction score
@BAJAN55 and @Calileta,
If you’d like to be added to the 2022 order tracker, please provide the following information:
Order date

I ordered it on 7-31-21. I dont have a VIN yet. Not sure when they assign a VIN? this is my first order. Dealer said 8-10 weeks but not sure if that is optimistic these days.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I ordered it on 7-31-21. I dont have a VIN yet. Not sure when they assign a VIN? this is my first order. Dealer said 8-10 weeks but not sure if that is optimistic these days.
The 8-10 weeks is what your dealer believes to be your delivery date. I would be very skeptical of that - figure probably December. For what it's worth, some have been waiting almost 4 months already.
Your VIN should have been issued within a few days of your order (i.e., by August 3rd-4th). Ask the dealer for a copy of your POC (Priced Order Confirmation). At the top, it will show the VIN, the VON, the order date, etc.
If your dealer can't produce it, then there's a problem.

BAJAN55

Reaction score
The 8-10 weeks is what your dealer believes to be your delivery date. I would be very skeptical of that - figure probably December. For what it's worth, some have been waiting almost 4 months already.
Your VIN should have been issued within a few days of your order (i.e., by August 3rd-4th). Ask the dealer for a copy of your POC (Priced Order Confirmation). At the top, it will show the VIN, the VON, the order date, etc.
If your dealer can't produce it, then there's a problem.
I do have a copy of the POC. It has a VON but no VIN.

jimothy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I do have a copy of the POC. It has a VON but no VIN.
I think Ram Chat can get your VIN given you VON and a few other details (you zip code, maybe phone number). From that link, click the icon with a person and a bubble to start a chat.

But your dealer should also be able to get the VIN to you.

BAJAN55

Reaction score
UPDATE: Dealer is sending me the updated paperwork with the VIN.

Calileta

Reaction score
@BAJAN55 and @Calileta,
Order date

Thanks!
VIN: 168513
order date: 8/13/21
2022 Limited Longhorn

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks!
VIN: 168513
order date: 8/13/21
2022 Limited Longhorn
FYI, your VIN is higher than several others that ordered on 8/23-8/24. So I don’t think your dealer actually submitted the order for 10 days or so.

Calileta

Reaction score
FYI, your VIN is higher than several others that ordered on 8/23-8/24. So I don’t think your dealer actually submitted the order for 10 days or so.
Well, that doesn’t surprise me. I know more about their trucks than they do and had to badger them to finally get the POC today.

AngelPhoenix

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Welcome!

I just got here myself actually but w/e.

Question: what makes y'all choose the Longhorn over the Limited? Similar features and price…is it just the interior styling, or something else?

ben b

Reaction score
Congratulations on your order! I have a 2021 Longhorn Limited and love it!!!! I am sure you will love yours too.

Regarding your order delivery time.... the dealer doesn't seem to have any real control over any of the factors. Even the shipping time after your truck has been built is highly variable. When my truck order was pending delivery, some people who had ordered 1 month after me were taking delivery. Others had waits much longer than me.

I suggest taking the delivery time quote as an optimistic SWAG.

Calileta

Reaction score
Welcome!

I just got here myself actually but w/e.

Question: what makes y'all choose the Longhorn over the Limited? Similar features and price…is it just the interior styling, or something else?
I went with the longhorn to get a light interior. Living in the south with a black interior isn’t a good thing. Even with the lighter seats in the Limited, you still have a lot of black. Really like them both though.

Users who are viewing this thread