5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Limited Clunking Noise

Feldguy2024

Reaction score
Hi everyone, first post, new owner to a '22 Ram Limited. Best truck I've ever driven and dont mind if I say so....the prettiest.

I've had the truck a week now and never heard a squeek, rattle or anything except for today....

I heard a clunk that sounded like something was loose, mild...under the driver's floor board as I went over some bumps. Wasn't able to reproduce it consistently at first...

Then, going in a straight line, if I shake the wheel left and right I can reproduce the sound/feel but can't seem to find anything under the truck.

So far reading and searching has told me:

1) sway bar links and or/mounts
2)body mounts
3)steering box
4)something rattling around in the cabin (checked pretty thoroughly).

Not sure if there is something else to check? I have a bumper to bumper 7yr/100k that kicks in after 60 days, I believe so I can drop it off and let them tell me nothing's wrong, but I'd like to really check myself as well.

Thanks!

Bozknight55

Reaction score
Had this sound going over bumps on my Limited. Started with this post, and as you will see fixed my issue in under an hour. Cheap and easy first step at curing it.

Feldguy2024

Reaction score
Had this sound going over bumps on my Limited. Started with this post, and as you will see fixed my issue in under an hour. Cheap and easy first step at curing it.

Bozknight,

Did you do the whole thing, links and bushings? Stupid question, when you did it were you on jack stands with the wheels unloaded, ramps or on flat ground? I'm a big dude so the latter two....not gonna happen lol.

Feldguy2024

Reaction score
For anyone who comes along for an update, I replaced the sway bar bushings and it completely eliminated the issue. Moog bushings with energy suspension ptfe. Cost me less than $30.

firemedic10584

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'll add to this post as well. I've got the clunk I can feel on my 2023 Laramie with only 4800 miles on it. Of course dealer couldn't reproduce it. I changed my sway bar bushings out which did seem to make it slightly better, but it's still there on mine. So the bushings are not the answer for every truck. End links I guess will be my next try.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online