5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Limited changes - what will be different from my 21?

greenlawnracing

Reaction score
I’ve searched the threads, but believe I have a specific question that warrants its own thread.

Due to a unique circumstance, I’m likely getting a 22 identical to the 21 in my signature.

I understand that I have to get Limited Level 1 as Advanced Safety Group is no longer an option. I assume I gain a few things - do I lose anything?

Anything else omitted due to the supply chain shortages? Safe to assume that I’ll still get BSM?

IvoryHemi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yes you’ll still get BSM on a Limited. Ram is shielding its premier trim level from the chip issue

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
I haven't been keeping up with all the changes they made. Did they remove the Technology Group from the Limited for 22?

greenlawnracing

Reaction score
I haven't been keeping up with all the changes they made. Did they remove the Technology Group from the Limited for 22?
They did, but I don’t have it. The price of the Limited Level one went up, and on another thread it is rumored that it now includes tech?

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
This is exactly where I’m confused. I followed the link in the other thread and posted a picture of the tech package added as an option to the limited, then was told that was for 2021.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
They did, but I don’t have it. The price of the Limited Level one went up, and on another thread it is rumored that it now includes tech?
Still so much confusion, even after people have started taking delivery of '22 models. I'm so glad I found a truck back in early May that had what I wanted. I came so close to ordering a '22.

ekaz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
RAM updated their website so you can build a '22. From what I recall, the advanced safety group was moved to Level 1.

KWKSLVR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
For the 2022 Limited, they removed ASG and integrated the Technology Group into Limited Level 1. Limited Level 1 still has all the ASG features. It's just a take it all or none packaging option now.

Edit: Early on, like when I ordered, they still had ASG and Tech Group separate. My order was accepted with Tech Group and Limited Level 1. A month or two after is when they dropped ASG and Tech as separate packages and moved the features from the Tech Group into LL1.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
For the 2022 Limited, they removed ASG and integrated the Technology Group into Limited Level 1. Limited Level 1 still has all the ASG features. It's just a take it all or none packaging option now.

Edit: Early on, like when I ordered, they still had ASG and Tech Group separate. My order was accepted with Tech Group and Limited Level 1. A month or two after is when they dropped ASG and Tech as separate packages and moved the features from the Tech Group into LL1.
The ramtrucks.com site mentions the features of the ASG in the description for Limited Level 1 package, but doesn't mention any of the features of the Tech Group (HUD, digital rearview mirror, LED CHMSL). How do you know the Tech Group is now part of the LL1 package?

KWKSLVR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The ramtrucks.com site mentions the features of the ASG in the description for Limited Level 1 package, but doesn't mention any of the features of the Tech Group (HUD, digital rearview mirror, LED CHMSL). How do you know the Tech Group is now part of the LL1 package?
That came from Ram itself and several member orders reflected these changes in the package descriptions on their trucks when they ordered. If it doesn't show online I can only assume one of two things:
1) The website is incorrect (which is not surprisng)
2) They removed the Tech Group completely because of the semi-conductor shortage.

Try to build out a Big Horn with it. I recall the Tech Group being an option on the Big Horns as well, which has the Laramie orderers confused too.

KWKSLVR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I think the website is incorrectly reflecting the fact that the Tech Group is in LL1. Notice the package price of the LL1 package. When I ordered my truck, LL1 was $2,295 and Tech Group was $1,095. The new LL1 price is much more. And, the Tech Group is still showing as a separate add on for the Big Horn.

Users who are viewing this thread