5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Laramie electrical/radio issues

trout17

Reaction score
Been driving my new truck for less than 2 weeks and have experienced a few gremlins already. Twice the radio would not shut off after stopping the engine and opening the door. Compass on the dash screen (above steering wheel) completely stopped working on my 2nd day, just shows -- instead of the arrow. Finally today, the left hand steering radio controls stopped working along with any radio buttons on the touchscreen. Is it possible these are all related? Anybody else with similar issues. Taking it to the dealer is a pain so hoping it's something I'm missing or it's a simple fix.

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Update coming for unconnect vehicles in the next month or two. Have seen a couple with random concerns like that

Mab613

Reaction score
Been driving my new truck for less than 2 weeks and have experienced a few gremlins already. Twice the radio would not shut off after stopping the engine and opening the door. Compass on the dash screen (above steering wheel) completely stopped working on my 2nd day, just shows -- instead of the arrow. Finally today, the left hand steering radio controls stopped working along with any radio buttons on the touchscreen. Is it possible these are all related? Anybody else with similar issues. Taking it to the dealer is a pain so hoping it's something I'm missing or it's a simple fix.
My first day with my Bighorn noticed my compass is not working! Made appointment for it.

FLiPMaRC

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Read a tip on another thread for new owners. Check your battery cables to see if everything is snug, and check all your fuses (engine bay & under the steering column), press down to see if they're all properly seated.

kapinallinen2

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I would be pissed if I had to start and trouble shoot a brand new vehicle. Take it to the dealer and let them figure it out.

Users who are viewing this thread