5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Laramie Brand New - Clunk noise in rear cabin passenger side

Carlosfox15

Reaction score
Hi, i have just received my 2022 Laramie model, with now only 600miles on the odometer it has developed a clunking noise that seems to be behind or below the rear seats mainly on the passenger side, the noise only occurs when going over bumps or rough terrain, i have read a ton of posts here where there is a TSB regarding that but on previous years, seems to be the cab supports on the C pilar, although i don't know if those have been updated on my late 2022 model, the noise is very unsettling, is there a chance that my cab supports are bad? Or maybe for 2022 the issue is something different, i will try to video the noise later in the day. I need help if anyone with a same year truck has had the same issue, thanks!

Andymax

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I apologize if this seems obvious...but have you checked the in-floor storage box for something moving around in there?

Carlosfox15

Reaction score
I apologize if this seems obvious...but have you checked the in-floor storage box for something moving around in there?
No worries, yes i have checked those and that is not the issue, i have even removed the all weather mats in hope it was that but nope, also attached two sided tape to the RF module that was kind of loose behind the seat, didn't fix anything, Thanks.

meansteve69

Reaction score
i'm still not sure exactly what its for but when i first bought my truck there was a small plastic cap/cover of some kind bouncing around in a rear side door pocket.
good luck!

Carlosfox15

Reaction score
UPDATE: I pulled up the back seats and rode lying on the floor in back of the cabin to see if the noise was coming from either side, the noise is definitely coming from the rear, i also recorded C & B pilar cab mounts on the passenger side and the noise doesn't come from there although the noise was definitely louder when recording the C pilar, im going to try to record the mounts on the driver side, and also the lower control arms today to see if i can pinpoint the noise.

wills446

Reaction score
I have a 2022 Laramie GT package, and I also have a "clunk" kind of noise that sounds like it is coming from the rear passenger side. At first I thought maybe it was fuel sloshing around in the tank, or maybe the GT exhaust backfiring in a weird way. Like you, I got someone else to drive and rode in the back listening for it. To me, it seemed to be coming from the speakers (I have the HK stereo), especially the subwoofer that is behind the rear seat on the passenger side. I think that my noise is caused by the Active Noise Cancellation in the cab failing on bigger bumps. The noise I hear is a low-mid sounding "clunk" or "bonk" and when it happens it happens a few times in a row. I guess it makes sense that would be coming from the sub woofer. I'm not 100% positive about any of this, it is just my best guess, so please take it for what it is worth (not much).

Users who are viewing this thread