5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Hemi Stalling, non hybrid model

BobbyZ

Reaction score
We headed to Prescott, Az from Lake Havasu City pulling our travel trailer. Engine stalled in fast lane on the 40 Freeway heading east at blind corner. No cell service. We could have been killed by semi trucks that pass slower trucks going up the grade!

Tried and tried to get started, but would bog and die as soon as I put it in gear. I decided to dudconnect neg. Cable on battery thinking it may reboot computer and I got it started and proceeded to continue driving up the grade. It ran well for about 40 miles then crapped out again. This time we were in slow lane and able to pull over. After repeating this 4 more times we made it to campground. I unhooked trailer and took it to local dealer. York Dodge in Prescott. They had truck over course of 4 days. They called and said they didn't get any codes and could not replicate the problem. I took truck prior to dealership to OReily auto parts and pulled code 0174, (system too lean), and notation: Combustion engine producing insufficient torque. I'm pissed They didn't do anything.

Last edited:

79 300

Reaction score
I had a similar experience years ago and it turned out the gas was full of water, I bought a bad tank of gas and it acted like what you describe.

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Sounds like fuel issue.... that 3 mile test drive showed them all they needed 🙄.

Users who are viewing this thread