5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Heat issues

PepperellFF

Reaction score
Good Afternoon
I have my 2022 1500 with 480 miles and the heat is not blowing through the vents. Has anyone had this issue? Of course it is snowing today and it is the first time I noticed it. Can hear air flow but mostly under the dash..

ekaz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Do you have the heat set to vent or auto?

bucolic

Reaction score
I know you have probably checked this but I didn't :) I drove for over 500 miles wondering why there was no heat coming from the vents and discovered they were all closed. Rotated the knob under the vents and voila! I had heat.

PepperellFF

Reaction score
I know you have probably checked this but I didn't :) I drove for over 500 miles wondering why there was no heat coming from the vents and discovered they were all closed. Rotated the knob under the vents and voila! I had heat.
To be honest 1 was closed but still not change

Fatherof3

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Sounds like maybe a problem with the blend door . It’s rare but it can happen .

Sascwatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score
What is that?
Not something you can access unless you want to tear your truck apart. Try a few different vent settings manually and see if there is any change in the air noise or air coming from the vents. If it is on auto it may only come out of the top of the dash until it decides to switch.

If there is no change in airflow or the sound the fan is making take it in and have the dealer diagnose it. It may need the blend doors recalibrated.

DOFF

Reaction score
Mine was doing the same but with AC. Turn fans up to high and sounded like air was blowing in the right side dash with minimal air from vents. Then cold air went out. Now no air from vents. Heat and defroster work no problem though. Appointment with the dealership for next week.

PepperellFF

Reaction score
So it started working finally but after a few hours, I will be making an appointment . Thanks everyone

OldMarine

Ram Guru
Reaction score
get a "Blend door Commander"....set it on Hurricane III...

Users who are viewing this thread