5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Headlights

Rock Crawler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My 2022 Laramie’s LED daytime running lights consist of one of the headlights illuminated and dimly lit “halos”. My 2020 Laramie LED daytime running lights consisted of no headlights and very bright “halos”. Is this correct? I really liked the look of the bright “halos”.

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I turned off my DRL in my settings and just the halo’s stay on. Think they’re fairly dim but always on.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Halos?
I don't have any halos on my 22 limited... Can you post a picture?

My DRL is set to the amber blinkers because my truck is all black (top signature light in amber)

Dewey

Reaction score
Are you calling these led strips the halo’s?

E7974328-4E9C-47CE-8287-0C3A818A180E.jpeg

Dewey

Reaction score
Don't look like halos to me... Those are called signature lights, or could be referred to as LED strips, LED DRL, etc.
These are the halos I installed into my 06 Mustang for reference...
View attachment 132865 View attachment 132866
I edited my post while you were replying to call them led strips. Hellcats actually have true halos as well from the factory.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
I edited my post while you were replying to call them led strips. Hellcats actually have true halos as well from the factory.
Those are called "signature lights". Both the top and bottom.

There are some tweaks you can make to them via Alfaobd

This threat is worth checking out

They can be turned on or off while running, sometimes you can make them brighter.
They act as the factory DRL I think also
Can also disable them.

The top signature light also changes color to amber to act as the blinker, bottom just stays white.

They should get brighter at night, and also cant be disabled at night as the act as parking lights.

Idahoktm

Reaction score
All of the 5Th Gen Laramie's I've seen have dim signature lights, mine included. They would definitely look better if they were a little brighter. You can turn off your DRL's.

Users who are viewing this thread