5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 headlight, grille and bumper changes

Boston

Reaction score
Was doing a build of a Laramie on ram trucks and noticed this image of the headlights, grille and bumper. Some will say it's a facelift.
Seems that changes are coming!

Attachments

• EEEFD37C-4D9D-40AB-BCEC-7468DE273C72.png
    EEEFD37C-4D9D-40AB-BCEC-7468DE273C72.png
    202.4 KB · Views: 416

pensfan

Reaction score
2023 is the 1500 update
Chevy is getting a refresh in '22. Ford was new for '21. New Tundra coming. Ram needs a refresh before '23. Hopefully the refresh whenever it comes fixes the front end and all of its quirks. Kill the hood badges too. The look hasn't grown on me yet. Still a Classic fan over the DT. The ideal in my eyes would be the Classic exterior with the DT interior, just like the 2500 and 3500.

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Chevy is getting a refresh in '22. Ford was new for '21. New Tundra coming. Ram needs a refresh before '23. Hopefully the refresh whenever it comes fixes the front end and all of its quirks. Kill the hood badges too. The look hasn't grown on me yet. Still a Classic fan over the DT. The ideal in my eyes would be the Classic exterior with the DT interior, just like the 2500 and 3500.
How does the Warlock work for you?

SCasey89

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I believe the most recent reports on the various GM news sites is that the GM twins refresh has been pushed back to MY 2023 account the current automotive climate. Unconfirmed, of course.

JoeCo

Ram Guru
Reaction score

A 4th gen exterior with a 4th gen interior?

Big time agree with pensfan on the hood badges though, hated the way those looked in the beginning and still do.

I'm currently making the switch from 4th to 5th and that is the worst looking thing on the exterior of the truck to me. Looking forward to the other upgrades though.

redriderbob

Co-Editor & Ram Guru!
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score

Instead of getting a Warlock, get a Ram 1500 North Edition or Big Horn 4x4 Off-Road for about the same amount of money.

pensfan

Reaction score
At 1st I didn't care for the then Rebel, now Warlock. I'm ok with it now. The Express can be optioned up to almost the Warlock level of trim to keep the total Classic look. Missing on the Express is the rear slider window and the overhead console with the Homelink. Rear slider is a must for carrying long things like a few boards.
The DT Rebel is probably the most distinctive of all the trims. At least you can tell what it is from a distance without looking for name badges. Over 3 years later I still sometimes mistake a Blackout DT as a previous gen Chevy coming at me. That never happens with the Classic or Warlock version. If only the Rebel would give the 3:21 rear as an option.
Two fixes needed for the Ram, get rid of the hood badges and banish the brow to history.

Derek cornett

Reaction score
The GMC looks to be more toned down on its aggressive styling. Silverados didn't look much different then what they are now....smaller head lights and deleted sideburns.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210603-182559_YouTube.jpg
    Screenshot_20210603-182559_YouTube.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 61
Last edited:

pensfan

Reaction score
Inside knowledge. Minor changes to exterior, updates to powertrain, minor changes to interior.
Hopefully the minor exterior changes include at least a new grill design that isn't so generic.

Users who are viewing this thread