5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Dodge Ram 1500 Big Horn

Sdcoope

Reaction score
I took my 2022 Dodge Ram Big Horn back to the dealer due to cylinder 3 misfiring. They had to replace the injector. When I got my truck back I noticed when I go to slow down it feels like my transmission is slipping/jerking. I have took it back to the dealer 3 times and every time they keep telling me there is nothing wrong with my truck and that it is driving normal. I know for a fact that my truck did not do this before I took it in to have the injector replaced. My truck only had 29,505 miles on it when they replaced the injector. Does anyone have any ideas of why could be going on?

kapinallinen2

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I took my 2022 Dodge Ram Big Horn back to the dealer due to cylinder 3 misfiring. They had to replace the injector. When I got my truck back I noticed when I go to slow down it feels like my transmission is slipping/jerking. I have took it back to the dealer 3 times and every time they keep telling me there is nothing wrong with my truck and that it is driving normal. I know for a fact that my truck did not do this before I took it in to have the injector replaced. My truck only had 29,505 miles on it when they replaced the injector. Does anyone have any ideas of why could be going on?
Not sure why replacing the injector would have caused shifting problems.
If it was me, I would disconnect the negative battery terminal for 20 or so minutes, then reconnect and drive the truck for few key cycles and let the transmission re-learn your driving habits.
And yes, the back-up camera and so on will take a while to come back on-line, might loose the radio presets also.
Anyway, something to try.

Nascar Tommy

My other Ram is a Dodge.
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Could things have been disconnected for so long at the dealership that it reset the TCM and it needs to re-learn your driving habits?
How long have you had it back?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread