5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Dash Illumination Adjustment

Reaction score
Took delivery of my 22 Bighorn BackCountry Saturday and am loving it. One question I wondered if anyone else has seen...with the lights on auto, they come on around dusk, about when I'd expect. I noticed though that the dash lights (like HVAC knobs, volume, tuning, etc don't glow up on the headlights turning of. They do light up if I manually turn the lights on, and they do come on when it's getting really dark out, but I wish they came on sooner. Is that a setting somewhere? I am not referring to the dimmer knob to the left of the wheel, but more of a "illuminate dash when headlights on" instead of "illuminate dash once it's really dark out and I haven't been able to see anything for a while already". Is this a day/night mode sensitivity thing somewhere?

Nels

Reaction score
Many others, including myself, have had the same complaint. I haven't seen where anyone has posted a solution as of yet.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
It’s driven off of the sun load sensor’s voltage and there’s no adjustment. You’d need to put a potentiometer inline with the sensor so you can make adjustments to resistance to trick the BCM into thinking it’s darker than it really is.

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Mine is the opposite. Yesterday it was a few hours before dark and a dark stormy sky caused my dash lights to turn on very bright. So bright it was annoying. Tried adjusting with the dial to the right of the headlight switch but it did nothing. Later at dusk the system suddenly kicked in like it should and then I was able to adjust the brightness again.

MichaelEck

Reaction score
Mine is the opposite. Yesterday it was a few hours before dark and a dark stormy sky caused my dash lights to turn on very bright. So bright it was annoying. Tried adjusting with the dial to the right of the headlight switch but it did nothing. Later at dusk the system suddenly kicked in like it should and then I was able to adjust the brightness again.
I've been complaining to the dealer about this behavior. It worked perfectly before recall service Z47 (Rearview Camera Visibility) was performed. They keep telling me it's supposed to work this way, but I disagree. It's too bright a certain times and cannot be adjusted.

Does anyone have a 1500 without the Z47 update installed?

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I've been complaining to the dealer about this behavior. It worked perfectly before recall service Z47 (Rearview Camera Visibility) was performed. They keep telling me it's supposed to work this way, but I disagree. It's too bright a certain times and cannot be adjusted.

Does anyone have a 1500 without the Z47 update installed?
I never took mine in for the update and it’s the same way.

Users who are viewing this thread