5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Canadian Sport GT 1600 KM review

jgmac98

Reaction score
While looking for information on the GT Package prior to buying my 2022, I couldn't find a lot of information that was not just a re-hash of what RAM had released. So hopefully this helps someone. I have also included some non-GT options that I felt needed some additional information on.

Few things to note:
1. my previous truck was a 2012 Ford FX4 ecoboost that I had 160,000 km on and bought it from new. This is my first Dodge/RAM vehicle.
2. These are my observations, if you disagree, I'm good with that and open to having conversations around them
3. I have a 2022 RAM 1500 SPORT GT, this is a Canadian Model Sport, which is a small step below a Laramie. From what I have figured out, at this trim level, the only difference between this and the Laramie is the back seat has the smaller fold down arm rest and the back seats don't recline, all the badging on the Canadian Sport is balck, other than that I have yet to find a difference.
4. I've put 1600KM on this truck in the past 3 weeks, so these are mostly initial impressions, will try to remember to come back later and update at other milestones.
5. Unless someone asks, I'm not reviewing standard features or some of the packages (i.e Comfort and Convenience) as they are mostly self explanatory and people already know if they want them or not.
6. The RAMBOXs, Technology Group and 360 Camera/advanced safety group was not available when I ordered. From what I understand these will likely be very hard to get in a 2022... would have like to have them but supply chain is a pain right now...

Main GT Package Items: This package is one of the reasons I wanted this truck. The center console shifter was a big draw for me. Will review below in detail the following items: 3.92 Rear Axle, Interior Accent Lighting, GT Seats, 4 way lumbar, center console shifter, Cold Air Intake, Passive Cold End Exhaust, Paddle Shifters, Hemi eTorque, Performance Pages, Sport Performance Hood

Bed Utility Group: I'm not sure why this is really an option, it should be the default then let people delete it if they don't want it.

Lack of tow hooks: who builds a truck without front tow hooks? at least a Canadian Model should include them. This is an easy mod and I've already done it and plasti-dipped them Red prior to installing. Tow Hook Part Number: 82215268AB Trim Cover Part Number: 68274701AB I didn't do a video when installing them, but there is already a good one on youtube, only thing I would change from the video is I found it much easier once I took the tire off to access behind the bumper.
20211222_115023.jpg 20211222_115034.jpg 20211222_124708.jpg

12" Uconnect: From the start I wanted the big screen and am very happy with it overall. Would have liked physical buttons for heated/vented seats and steering wheel, but I can live without. Uconnect 5 is slightly more responsive than the system I had in my 2012 Ford, but not by much. I wish Android Auto was full screen, and I've actually disabled it for now for the following reasons: 1. my work phone only has 4 GB of data a month, there is no way for the Android Auto Spotify to play the music you downloaded to your phone, it will always stream it. 2. If you download the maps in Google Maps, Android Auto seems to not use those maps and will instead use your data. If I turn off Data on your phone, neither Spotify or Google Maps work for me. If you have an unlimited data plan (or something with much more data) I could see Android Auto being useful. Not sure why or how, but when I had Android Auto active, once in a while my screen would change from whatever page I was on back to the Android Auto screen without me touching anything. Not sure if this is a setting or a bug. I also find the Auto dimming of the screen to be annoying. Often it's too dark during the day and with sunglasses on it's almost impossible to see anything on it. I've set it to manual for now. The screen is beautiful,as long as the sun isn't coming in from the passenger side, then the screen it just a bunch of fingerprints that block your view. I'm hoping a screen protector will fix that, trying to find a matte finish one, but that will take some of the luster away from the large screen. UPDATE: Purchased the Mopar Screen Protector 82216076AA, it is difficult to install as it is a perfect fit and there is a small bezel around the 12" screen. It isn't a matte finish so with some lighting it still acts more mirrorish, but you cannot see any finger prints. I give this screen protector 3/5 stars. may continue to look for a matte one.

MFT: I was not looking for this when I purchased my truck, but the one I got had it, so I didn't really have a choice. I for sure thought this was a gimmick but now that I've used it a couple times taking small appliances to the dump and costco runs, I am starting to enjoy it. You no longer have to reach over the tailgate to get anything. The Bed step that came with it (or the bed utility group) is a little low and I find my second step is on the flat surface of the bumper in front of the license plate. I'll have to find some skateboard deck tape or something to put there as it is very slippery here in the winter. The bed step would be more useful if it was 3-4 inches higher. Overall I can see why people like the MFT and it's becoming less gimmicky to me. It's expensive but worth considering. Biggest complaint is how restrictive tonneau covers are with this feature, if you have RAMBOX's it's not a big deal, but with the corner brackets it really limits what cover you can use. I also find the tailgate is on the heavy side to lift it up when using it in the traditional way. Also, when lifting it up, the shape of the top of the tailgate gives you little to grab on to and I feel my hand will slip. This is something I'm sure I'll get used to, but may be worth putting some PPT across the top 4" of the tailgate so you don't scratch your paint up.
InkedInked20211222_131359_LI.jpg (measurements are approx., circled area is where some sort of grip tape is needed)

Rain Sensing Wipers: Not sure if it's the cold weather here or if RAM just hasn't figured out how to make these work well. They are either way too sensitive or not at all. Even with all the little intermittent settings, I find I am wishing for something between two of the settings.

3.92 Rear Axle: I tow a 5000lb holiday trailer in the summer, so having this rear end was non-negotiable. Honestly, because of the trailer towing, having the higher ratio is a must for me.

Interior Accent Lighting: It's nice, but why only white in color? My wife has a 2013 Ford Edge that lets me change the color of the lighting, I'd think that a vehicle 9 years newer would be able to do this. End of the day, I'm indifferent to it.

GT Seats: Definately different than stock bucket seats. The extra bolstering holds me in the middle of the seat but is not uncomfortable. I'm 6 ft 2 and 280 lbs and fit nicely in these seats. General complaint with RAM front buckets is that I find them a little short and would not wan them any narrower. My 2012 F150 had very wide seats that my wife did not like as much as she would have to "pick an armrest". She finds the RAM much more comfortable. I really like these seats, we'll see how the suede(?) inserts hold up over time and cleaning.

4 way lumbar: why can't this be on all trucks? I wouldn't go out of my way to get this, but it's a nice feature.

Center Console Shifter: I love it, this is one feature that really got my attention. I am not a fan of the dial shifter and have not looked at RAMs in the past because of this. I do find the Manual Shift Mode with the console shifter backwards, gear down is forward and gear up is backwards. You do give up some storage, but coming from my Ford, I still have more now than I did before. Cover over the cup holders looks nice, but not sure when I'll ever use it.
20211222_155142a.jpg See the -/+ in S mode

Cold Air Intake: looks fantastic, cleans up the engine bay a lot, leaves room for possible future compressor for rear air bags. I am amazed how much empty room is in the engine bay in this truck. I do not believe it adds performance and does give some extra sound. Blocks access to the Oil fill tube, but if you take the shroud off you then have access. Not sure if i would shell out the $900+ CAN for the MOPAR, but a CAI would likely have been done on the truck if it had not come with one.
20211222_105233.jpg 20211222_105253.jpg Oil filer is where the yellow dot is between the eTorque motor and break fluid reservoir.

Passive Cold End Exhaust: I'm certain this is NOT the MOPAR CAT back exhaust. Different muffler and has resenators. It does have a deeper tone while idling on the driveway, and under WOT it has a little more growl, but overall this is not as loud as I was expecting. I'm not unhappy with it, but this is one area that I was let down with the GT Package. Likely would not have upgraded exhaust anyway, so I'll take it, but it could have been better. I don't expect this added any performance. Will try to get some photos or a part number, but it's -20 C right now and lying down on frozen concrete isn't too much fun, the muffler is 1 inlet/1 outlet and resonators prior to the tips. From what I can tell, it looks like a stock exhaust, just sounds different.

Paddle Shifters: looks awesome, shifting is slightly delayed with them so more gimmick than function. I think the value to these will be while towing and being able to down shift or even put it in a higher gear if wanted, will see what happens in the summer.

Hemi eTorque: unpopular opinion, but I wanted this option. I will likely be left disapointed by this, but I hope it to have some impact on mileage long term. I don't mind the start stop, especially with this system as it's pretty smooth from a standstill (unless you really step on it) and even the shifting is very smooth. It could lead to expensive bills in the future (battery replacement? motor failure?) but for now, I like it.

Performance Pages: this is 100% gimmick. As is I'm not sure why someone would take this truck to a track and need to record lap times, G-force, etc. It makes (some) sense on the TRX, but on the GT the only useful page to me is the Gauges, which even then most are available in the driver screen anyway). The Air Intake Temp Sensor is interesting, at start up it reads ambient temp, and after 15 minutes or so of driving in -15 C weather it constantly reads ~10 C higher than ambient. If you stop for a period of time (i.e Groceries) then restart, the temperature has been upwards of 25 C and takes almost 10 minutes of driving to bring it down to where it was prior. Not sure if it is latent heat or if the sensor actually takes that much time to update. It's also odd that the Air Intake Temp sensor is only visible if you put the Gauges as part of your home screen, if you go into the performance pages it is not visible. Surprised this missed testing from the RAM Engineers.
20211222_105021.jpg 20211222_105034.jpg First picture is the home screen with the Air Intake Temp in the bottom gauge row, second picture is the performance page with no Air Intake Temp. Pictures were taken right at start up, so the Air Intake and External temps were within 6 degrees C. After driving a lot the past week in -25C weather, it is consistently ~10 degrees difference between external and intake temp. If you sit at a red light or go into get groceries, the intake temp does increase over time and then decreases (as expected) when you start driving).

Sport Performance Hood: Love this hood, surprised this isn't standard on Gen5's. I do wish that with the GT package the front "vents" (even the top "vent") would be functional and not just plastic inserts. Maybe this is a future mod for me... but the hood looks awesome from both outside and inside the truck.

Underseat Storage: I was concerned at first that the rear seat would sit flush on the storage space making it unusable for me (2 kids in car seats rarely lets you fold up the rear seats without pulling a booster seat out). Surprisingly, there is 4-5 inches of space between the storage box and the seat, enough room that you still have access to what you put in there but not enough room that everything slides out of it. Obviously someone at RAM thought about this.
20211222_125922.jpg

Power Running Boards: I have the RAM Factory power Running boards. I can find the setting to keep them stowed or to manually deploy them, but can't find how to lock them down. Here in Calgary it can get very cold and I don't want to burn the motors out if they freeze up, but with 2 little kids (and a short wife) we need the running boards deployed. We'll see how they hold up. I want to point out that there are multiple F150's driving around my neighborhood with the boards in the deployed position. Not sure if they are the Ford running boards or after market, so unsure if they have pulled a fuse or if this is a feature Ford offers, but it would be nice here in the winter to keep them down as not to burn the motors out when really cold.

Future RAM fixes?:
The door design is a little disappointing. To give RAM the sporty look, i think they curved the top of the door too much into the roofline. After a snowfall, you need to use your hand to wipe the snow away from the door seam or else you get a significant amount of snow on your seat (front and back), will be interesting to see how this works after a rain storm in the summer if it traps water or not.

Heated Steering wheel gets extremely hot after 10 minutes. Don't get me wrong, this is a wonderful option, but I'm not sure it should get as hot as it does.

Wind noise from leading roof edge. I have the Pano Sunroof, and if i'm driving into a head or cross wind, there is a buffering sound I get that is coming from between the windshield and sunroof. (first world problem) But the truck is so much quieter in the cab than my last one, i find it odd that this is an issue.

Window controls on Driver door seem to be 2-3 inches too far forward. Where my hand naturally sits, the back windows are slightly forward, making using the front window buttons a "long" reach.

Ram bins (not RAMBOX) in the back seat floor are awesome, just with there was a better design for the floor mat to make accessing the bins easier.
See Post below for picture of issue (only allowed to link 10 photos in a post)

Missing 12V plug? there is one up on top of the 12" screen, but I would have thought one should also be in the console storage along with the 115V plug. Too many accessories use 12V to only put 1 plug up on top of the dash. May try to add one myself in the storage area.

Believe it or not, there are actually 2 options I am wishing RAM had that my 2012 Ford had: 1. Curtesy Wipe (after using the washing fluid, the wipers would stop for 5 seconds, then do another single wipe to catch the little dribble) and 2. the keypad on the door. Already more than once I've found myself wishing I had the keypad to unlock my door when I have forgotten my keys in the house to grab something quickly out of the truck.

Overall, I am very impressed with the fit and finish of this truck and my complaints are fairly minor as noted above. Hopefully someone can find some value in the above. If anyone has questions, please let me know and I can do my best to respond.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3000 KM review

Overall I love this truck. It's comfortable to drive, and even without air suspension I'd put it right up with an old Denali I had for ride comfort.

I have found that my fuel mileage has gotten better, currently around 14 L/100km, which is about 17 MPG, mostly around town. I'm not sure if there was a programed "break in" period or not, but my driving style hasn't changed and my mileage at my previous review (about 1500 km) was upward of 16.5-17 L/100km ~14 MPG.

I have had 2 issues come up:
1. My truck did not come with the GT exhaust, there are 3 core components - muffler and drivers side resonator (sold as one part number) and the passenger resonator (a different part number). I have the correct passenger resonator so my truck sounds different than stock, but just barely, whereas the muffler and drivers side resonator are the non-GT part number, so I don't get any of the volume. It took a couple days of back and forth with my dealership, but they have agreed that somehow I have the wrong part installed (build sheet says I have the correct part) and they've ordered the part, hopefully an early March delivery.
2. 12" uconnect 5 issues - I've had 4 re-occurring issues that I've just notified the dealership about now:
- screen lag - sometimes can take upwards of 20 seconds to change screens (ie. home page to climate screen) and other times it's almost instant. This is random and I'm not able to replicate it on demand, hoping for this to be fixed when other issues are solved.
- Performance Gauges not updating - the performance gauge screen seems to freeze at times and doesn't update with live temperatures/pressures. Oddly enough, when the gauges are displayed on the home screen, they freeze often as well, at times they don't even freeze at the same values on the performance screen. Dealership is also made aware of this issue
- 12" screen doesn't turn on, but radio/climate does - this has happened 4 times now, and i've got it on video as proof for the dealership. I've found for this if i turn off the headlights and turn them back to auto the screen turns on.
- 12" screen head unit doesn't turn on at all (no radio, no climate, etc.) - this has happened 3 times, once on video. The only way to get it to turn on is to shut the truck off, let it sit for a while (don't know as I've usually left it about an hour) then when the truck starts up the head unit turns on. I've made the dealership aware and comment from my sales person is that they've seen this before and requires a module to be replaced... not other details given, but i'll update more when I know more (with specifics on which module).

Last edited:

Rebel2022

Reaction score
The door design is a little disappointing. To give RAM the sporty look, i think they curved the top of the door too much into the roofline. After a snowfall, you need to use your hand to wipe the snow away from the door seam or else you get a significant amount of snow on your seat (front and back), will be interesting to see how this works after a rain storm in the summer if it traps water or not.

Greeting fellow Albertan! haha I hate this as well. Was like that on my 3rd and 4th gen Rams as well. When the 4 members of my fam head out after a snowfall and all 4 doors open up the entire interior is covered in snow! Just be thankful they FINALLY got rid of the MF antenna sticking out the passenger front fender making scrapping your windshield a nightmare.

mikeru82

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Agreed about the interior blizzard that can happen. It sucks, but I've learned to live with it. It's not a problem after a rain storm since the water drains away pretty much as the rain is falling. No puddling up there so you don't get a bunch of water inside when you open the door (other than what's falling from the sky).

About the power steps...they were designed to be stowed anytime the truck is in gear, so there is no setting to keep them deployed all the time. They sit pretty low, as well as stick out farther than fixed steps. It would be pretty easy to rip them off or damage them on a curb or rock or something else if you were to drive around with them deployed all the time. Not sure about where you live, but some of the parking lot entrances where I live have a pretty severe approach angle for a parking lot. You can tell by all the scrapes on them that people bottom out their cars on them all the time. I wouldn't want my steps deployed when going over one of those.

jgmac98

Reaction score
I'm in the process of taking the pictures to add to the post. Just a little cold here right now. Should have them up later today.

I'm not in the order tracker as the truck I had ordered I was going on 4 months without a VIN and then found something very similar to what I wanted nearby on a dealer lot.

Cda3488

Reaction score
While looking for information on the GT Package prior to buying my 2022, I couldn't find a lot of information that was not just a re-hash of what RAM had released. So hopefully this helps someone. I have also included some non-GT options that I felt needed some additional information on.

Few things to note:
1. my previous truck was a 2012 Ford FX4 ecoboost that I had 160,000 km on and bought it from new. This is my first Dodge/RAM vehicle.
2. These are my observations, if you disagree, I'm good with that and open to having conversations around them
3. I have a 2022 RAM 1500 SPORT GT, this is a Canadian Model Sport, which is a small step below a Laramie. From what I have figured out, at this trim level, the only difference between this and the Laramie is the back seat has the smaller fold down arm rest and the back seats don't recline, all the badging on the Canadian Sport is balck, other than that I have yet to find a difference.
4. I've put 1600KM on this truck in the past 3 weeks, so these are mostly initial impressions, will try to remember to come back later and update at other milestones.
5. Unless someone asks, I'm not reviewing standard features or some of the packages (i.e Comfort and Convenience) as they are mostly self explanatory and people already know if they want them or not.
6. The RAMBOXs, Technology Group and 360 Camera/advanced safety group was not avaialble when I ordered. From what I understand these will likley be very hard to get in a 2022... would have like to have them but supply chain is a pain right now...

Main GT Package Items: This package is one of the reasons I wanted this truck. The center console shifter was a big draw for me. Will review below in detail the following items: 3.92 Rear Axle, Interior Accent Lighting, GT Seats, 4 way lumbar, center console shifter, Cold Air Intake, Passive Cold End Exhaust, Paddle Shifters, Hemi eTorque, Performance Pages, Sport Performance Hood

Bed Utility Group: I'm not sure why this is really an option, it should be the default then let people delete it if they don't want it.

Lack of tow hooks: who builds a truck without front tow hooks? at least a Canadian Model should include them. This is an easy mod and I've already done it.

12" Uconnect: From the start I wanted the big screen and am very happy with it overall. Would have liked physical buttons for heated/vented seats and steering wheel, but I can live without. Uconnect 5 is slightly more responsive than the system I had in my 2012 Ford, but not by much. I wish Android Auto was full screen, and I've actually disabled it for now for the following reasons: 1. my work phone only has 4 GB of data a month, there is no way for the Android Auto Spotify to play the music you downloaded to your phone, it will always stream it. 2. If you download the maps in Google Maps, Android Auto seems to not use those maps and will instead use your data. If I turn off Data on your phone, neither Spotify or Google Maps work for me. If you have an unlimited data plan (or something with much more data) I could see Android Auto being useful. Not sure why or how, but when I had Android Auto active, once in a while my screen would change from whatever page I was on back to the Android Auto screen without me touching anything. Not sure if this is a setting or a bug. I also find the Auto dimming of the screen to be annoying. Often it's too dark during the day and with sunglasses on it's almost impossible to see anything on it. I've set it to manual for now. The screen is beautiful,as long as the sun isn't coming in from the passenger side, then the screen it just a bunch of fingerprints that block your view. I'm hoping a screen protector will fix that, tyring to find a matte finish one, but that will take some of the luster away from the large screen.

MFT: I was not looking for this when I purchased my truck, but the one I got had it, so I didn't really have a choice. I for sure thought this was a gimmick but now that I've used it a couple times taking small appliances to the dump and costco runs, I am starting to enjoy it. You no longer have to reach over the tailgate to get anything. The Bed step that came with it (or the bed utility group) is a little low and I find my second step is on the flat surface of the bumper in front of the license plate. I'll have to find some skateboard deck tape or something to put there as it is very slippery here in the winter. The bed step would be more useful if it was 3-4 inches higher. Overall I can see why people like the MFT and it's becoming less gimmicky to me. It's expensive but worth considering. Biggest complaint is how restrictive tonneau covers are with this feature, if you have RAMBOX's it's not a big deal, but with the corner brackets it really limits what cover you can use. I also find the tailgate is on the heavy side to lift it up when using it in the traditional way. Also, when lifting it up, the shape of the top of the tailgate gives you little to grab on to and I feel my hand will slip. This is something I'm sure I'll get used to, but may be worth putting some PPT across the top 4" of the tailgate so you don't scratch your paint up.

Rain Sensing Wipers: Not sure if it's the cold weather here or if RAM just hasn't figured out how to make these work well. They are either way too sensitive or not at all. Even with all the little intermitent settings, I find I am wishing for something between two of the settings.

3.92 Rear Axle: I tow a 5000lb holiday trailer in the summer, so having this rear end was non-negotiable. Honestly, because of the trailer towing, having the higher ratio is a must for me.

Interior Accent Lighting: It's nice, but why only white in color? My wife has a 2013 Ford Edge that lets me change the color of the lighting, I'd think that a vehicle 9 years newer would be able to do this. End of the day, I'm indifferent to it.

GT Seats: Definately different than stock bucket seats. The extra bolstering holds me in the middle of the seat but is not uncomfortable. I'm 6 ft 2 and 280 lbs and fit nicely in these seats. General complaint with RAM front buckets is that I find them a little short and would not wan them any narrower. My 2012 F150 had very wide seats that my wife did not like as much as she would have to "pick an armrest". She finds the RAM much more comfortable. I really like these seats, we'll see how the suede(?) inserts hold up over time and cleaning.

4 way lumbar: why can't this be on all trucks? I wouldn't go out of my way to get this, but it's a nice feature.

Center Console Shifter: I love it, this is one feature that really got my attention. I am not a fan of the dial shifter and have not looked at RAMs in the past because of this. I do find the Manual Shift Mode with the console shifter backwards, gear down is forward and gear up is backwards. You do give up some storage, but coming from my Ford, I still have more now than I did before. Cover over the cup holders looks nice, but not sure when I'll ever use it.

Cold Air Intake: looks fantastic, cleans up the engine bay a lot, leaves room for possible future compressor for rear air bags. I am amazed how much empty room is in the engine bay in this truck. I do not believe it adds performance and does give some extra sound. Blocks access to the Oil fill tube, but if you take the shroud off you then have access. Not sure if i would shell out the $900+ CAN for the MOPAR, but a CAI would likely have been done on the truck if it had not come with one.

Passive Cold End Exhaust: I'm certain this is NOT the MOPAR CAT back exhaust. Different muffler and has resenators. It does have a deeper tone while idling on the driveway, and under WOT it has a little more growl, but overall this is not as loud as I was expecting. I'm not unhappy with it, but this is one area that I was let down with the GT Package. Likely would not have upgraded exhaust anyway, so I'll take it, but it could have been better. I don't expect this added any performance.
Paddle Shifters: looks awesome, shifting is slightly delayed with them so more gimmick than function. I think the value to these will be while towing and being able to down shift or even put it in a higher gear if wanted, will see what happens in the summer.

Hemi eTorque: unpopular opinion, but I wanted this option. I will likely be left disapointed by this, but I hope it to have some impact on mileage long term. I don't mind the start stop, especially with this system as it's pretty smooth from a standstill (unless you really step on it) and even the shifting is very smooth. It could lead to expensive bills in the future (battery replacement? motor failure?) but for now, I like it.

Performance Pages: this is 100% gimmick. As is I'm not sure why someone would take this truck to a track and need to record lap times, G-force, etc. It makes (some) sense on the TRX, but on the GT the only useful page to me is the Gauges, which even then most are available in the driver screen anyway). The Air Intake Temp Sensor is interesting, at start up it reads ambient temp, and after 15 minutes or so of driving in -15 C weather it constantly reads ~10 C higher than ambient. If you stop for a period of time (i.e Groceries) then restart, the temperature has been upwards of 25 C and takes almost 10 minutes of driving to bring it down to where it was prior. Not sure if it is latent heat or if the sensor actually takes that much time to update. It's also odd that the Air Intake Temp sensor is only visible if you put the Gauges as part of your home screen, if you go into the performance pages it is not visible. Surprised this missed tesing from the RAM Engineers.

Sport Performance Hood: Love this hood, surprised this isn't standard on Gen5's. I do wish that with the GT package the front "vents" (even the top "vent") would be functional and not just plastic inserts. Maybe this is a future mod for me... but the hood looks awesome from both outside and inside the truck.

Underseat Storage: I was concerned at first that the rear seat would sit flush on the storage space making it unusable for me (2 kids in car seats rarely lets you fold up the rear seats without pulling a booster seat out). Surprisingly, there is 4-5 inches of space between the storage box and the seat, enough room that you still have access to what you put in there but not enough room that everything slides out of it. Obviously someone at RAM thought about this.

Power Running Boards: I have the RAM Factory power Running boards. I can find the setting to keep them stowed or to manually deploy them, but can't find how to lock them down. Here in Calgary it can get very cold and I don't want to burn the motors out if they freeze up, but with 2 little kids (and a short wife) we need the running boards deployed. We'll see how they hold up.

Future RAM fixes?:

Heated Steering wheel gets extremely hot after 10 minutes. Don't get me wrong, this is a wonderful option, but I'm not sure it should get as hot as it does.

Wind noise from leading roof edge. I have the Pano Sunroof, and if i'm driving into a head or cross wind, there is a buffering sound I get that is coming from between the windshield and sunroof. (first world problem) But the truck is so much quieter in the cab than my last one, i find it odd that this is an issue.

Window controls on Driver door seem to be 2-3 inches too far forward. Where my hand naturally sits, the back windows are slightly forward, making using the front window buttons a "long" reach.

Ram bins (not RAMBOX) in the back seat floor are awesome, just with there was a better design for the floor mat to make accessing the bins easier.

Missing 12V plug? there is one up on top of the 12" screen, but I would have thought one should also be in the console storage along with the 115V plug. Too many accessories use 12V to only put 1 plug up on top of the dash. May try to add one myself in the storage area.

Believe it or not, there are actually 2 options I am wishing RAM had that my 2012 Ford had: 1. Curtesy Wipe (after using the washing fluid, the wipers would stop for 5 seconds, then do another single wipe to catch the little dribble) and 2. the keypad on the door. Already more than once I've found myself wishing I had the keypad to unlock my door when I have forgotten my keys in the house to grab something quickly out of the truck.

Overall, I am very impressed with the fit and finish of this truck and my complaints are fairly minor as noted above. Hopefully someone can find some value in the above. If anyone has questions, please let me know and I can do my best to respond.
I have one in order, thanks for the information.

blue_by_you

Reaction score
can you get underneath and take some pictures of the G/T exhaust? can you check for a stamped part number or something that identifies it?

jgmac98

Reaction score
Photos now attached to original post and updates are in Orange. I will try to get some photos as requested of the exhaust when it gets a little warmer out. If other pictures, comments, other items are desired, please let me know and I can do my best to get them.

Photo of interior Ram bins being covered by floor mat (hopefully a future fix is available):
20211222_130512.jpg

jgmac98

Reaction score
imo pictures should have also been used for some of the things you talked about

too bad you are not in the tracker
Added pictures, let me know if there are specific other pictures you would like. A for the tracker, are you referring to the order tracker? I had ordered a truck but after months of no VIN I ended up finding this at a nearby dealership with most of the options I wanted and cancelling my order. I was also never given an order number or anything.

jgmac98

Reaction score
Updated at bottom of original post to reflect 3000 KM and some encountered problems

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread