5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 BSM and power fold mirrors

pgers22

Reaction score
Lease coming due on my 19 rebel and the 2022's I am seeing on the lot are making it hard to want to jump into a new one. What happened to power folding mirrors and blind spot monitoring? thing of the past? I am curious as most other companies out there offer this stuff standard yet Ram makes it rough for you.

dts828

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Due to chip shortage Ram has been limiting its availability to higher tier models.

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
If you're interested in the power-folding mirrors, you'll want to look for trucks with "Rebel Level 2". There are many out there with "Rebel Level B", and those are missing the power-folding mirrors. It's been a crap-shoot on orders this year - Ram has been selectively altering orders to delete the PF mirrors.
There are plenty of Rebel Level 2's out there, you'll just have to find one.

WK21

Reaction score
What are some other differences between level B and 2?

Lord Helmet

Reaction score
You can still order the power fold trailering mirrors. I got them with my 2022 Rebel build with Mark Dodge. The kicker is you have to get the Advanced Safety Group as well.

yup ram

Reaction score
What are some other differences between level B and 2?
From what I understand the Rebel loses power folding mirrors with the Level B equipment group. Level 2 has power folding mirrors and all other equipment that Level B provided.

In the Laramies case, Level B loses blind spot monitoring, while Level 2 is otherwise the same but includes blind spot monitoring.

WK21

Reaction score
So I’ve got a 22 Rebel. I’m on my second because of issues with the first one.

the first one had the level 2, and this one has the level b and a much higher msrp than the first one did. I had power mirrors on the first one, and on the current one, under level b, it literally say black premium power mirrors…

unless the button isn’t in the same spot as it was in the first truck, idk, very odd but I can live without it

yup ram

Reaction score
So I’ve got a 22 Rebel. I’m on my second because of issues with the first one.

the first one had the level 2, and this one has the level b and a much higher msrp than the first one did. I had power mirrors on the first one, and on the current one, under level b, it literally say black premium power mirrors…

unless the button isn’t in the same spot as it was in the first truck, idk, very odd but I can live without it
Does your build sheet say power folding mirrors? “Power mirrors” just means they adjust view angle electronically.

maybe power folding mirrors for the rebel is in a different equipment package. 🤷🏻‍♂️

WK21

Reaction score
Okay, gotcha that makes sense. Before I knew about the whole level 2 and level b thing I thought it was strange the cheaper truck had them and this one doesn’t.

The one with level 2 had a 109xxx VIN and the level b has a 104xxx. Pretty similar time frame I assume.

Csiezega

Reaction score
Just ordered another Rebel after finding out Laramies cannot be optioned with BSM... Was worried when I saw this post, Checked my POC and it states level 2 with "LER- Power folding mirrors". Let hope it gets built that way! Can anybody confirm their 2022 have mirror defrosters still? This chip shortage has me looking at everything- seeing what they are ommiting.

yup ram

Reaction score
Just ordered another Rebel after finding out Laramies cannot be optioned with BSM... Was worried when I saw this post, Checked my POC and it states level 2 with "LER- Power folding mirrors". Let hope it gets built that way! Can anybody confirm their 2022 have mirror defrosters still? This chip shortage has me looking at everything- seeing what they are ommiting.
I was able to order Laramie with BSM about a month ago even though the website didn’t appear to offer it. It was the main reason I cancelled my first order. Maybe it’s changed again since then but if you were interested in Laramie you should ask your salesman.

NRitland2

Reaction score
Does your build sheet say power folding mirrors? “Power mirrors” just means they adjust view angle electronically.

maybe power folding mirrors for the rebel is in a different equipment package. 🤷🏻‍♂️
This.... and they heat and have directional signals on the back of them

pgers22

Reaction score
Funny that people would consider a Rebel over 62k a "lower level" truck. I am not sure about everyone else on here but 62k is some change for a new truck, plus the markup for each stealership for "market adjustment"
Might be keeping the 19 afterall

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Funny that people would consider a Rebel over 62k a "lower level" truck. I am not sure about everyone else on here but 62k is some change for a new truck, plus the markup for each stealership for "market adjustment"
Dropped 41+K on a 50K MSRP Bighorn in 2019, that was a leap for me, 62K and pay 62K I will need a jet pack, forget a market adjustment. Hope to keep my 2019 for a long time, very happy so far.

Some have no choice because of their situation, hopefully that does not happen. At the current prices and market I would explore alternatives.

WK21

Reaction score

don’t think anyone in here said 62k is a lower level truck.

WK21

Reaction score

mine has defrosters

Gadgetech

Reaction score
I just picked up a Rebel with the GT package on Monday. MSRP is $66k and it doesn't have BSM nor ACC, both of which I've had in the last 3 vehicles I've owned. To get all the features I wanted would've been over $70k so I decided I can live without them.

Tranzella

Reaction score
I ordered a ‘22 Rebel on 12/31, and at that point they were back to Level 2, so power folding mirrors should be available. As for BSM, even though it’s not an option on Ram’s website when you build a truck, it’s available to order.
I asked my dealer about BSM for the Laramie, and he said it was included in the Level 2 package. Take that for what it’s worth.

Attachments

• 3E4AAD89-CA4A-44ED-8576-103B6B326A7F.jpeg
    3E4AAD89-CA4A-44ED-8576-103B6B326A7F.jpeg
    220.3 KB · Views: 13

Users who are viewing this thread