5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 BigHorn night edition

Asayers71

Reaction score
2022 BigHorn Night edition with the factory 1” lift and 6’4 bed. 5% tint with 50% on the windshield. Had it ceramic coated, spray in liner and tri-fold cover. Really wish I had LED headlights and taillights and a sunroof but otherwise love the truck. 11-12mpg really blows and there’s a squeak the dealer can’t fix. Back up cam is intermittently messing up as well. 3300miles
fd0d51b171bc6ad9f73d233f5b96b7f7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BigD

Reaction score
Is it true LED lights are not available on the BH anymore? Also, why are u only getting 12 mpg ?

Condor757

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Is it true LED lights are not available on the BH anymore? Also, why are u only getting 12 mpg ?

Awesome truck! Chip shortage is to blame for no more LEDs on BHs. In fact I started a thread yesterday where I posted a pic of a brand new 2022 Laramie for sale that also didn’t have the LED headlights, that was a first for me. Sucks.
No clue about the poor MPGs but maybe due to the lift?

Last edited:

Redfour5

Reaction score
2022 BigHorn Night edition with the factory 1” lift and 6’4 bed. 5% tint with 50% on the windshield. Had it ceramic coated, spray in liner and tri-fold cover. Really wish I had LED headlights and taillights and a sunroof but otherwise love the truck. 11-12mpg really blows and there’s a squeak the dealer can’t fix. Back up cam is intermittently messing up as well. 3300miles
fd0d51b171bc6ad9f73d233f5b96b7f7.jpg

Redfour5

Reaction score
I got a 21 Built to Serve Edition with a couple of the reasons being the LED light package a must for me after two with the Halogens and me living in MT deer central... I don't need after market spots for the first time. Another reason was that they had the cosmetic black out like package as part of the Edition with really nice 20 inch wheels AND the ORG package with the 1 inch lift... I also got the bed utility package for the spray in bedliner and since it was a "lot" truck, it came with the multi-function tailgate and Ramboxes. I was ambivalent about them at purchase but fell in love with them very shortly thereafter. No more black and yellow top storage box in the back more than made up for the less space in the bed with Ramboxes. MFT? I can almost reach to the cab now... I've only used the "normal" tailgate twice carrying sheet lumber... YAY!

Biggiehorn

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That is a sharp looking truck! The 6' 4" bed was an option that I originally didn't care too much about, but now is one that I wish I had. Haven't personally ran into an issue where I needed the extra bed length, but would be nice to have. I also think it makes the overall appearance of the truck more proportional in my opinion. The squeak wouldn't happen to be behind the driver's side front wheel would it? Lol my truck had it for the first 4k-5k miles and it just randomly stopped one day. That same squeaking issue is brought up by members in these groups quite often. Still not exactly sure what the cause is from though.

AngelPhoenix

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That is a sharp looking truck! The 6' 4" bed was an option that I originally didn't care too much about, but now is one that I wish I had. Haven't personally ran into an issue where I needed the extra bed length, but would be nice to have. I also think it makes the overall appearance of the truck more proportional in my opinion. The squeak wouldn't happen to be behind the driver's side front wheel would it? Lol my truck had it for the first 4k-5k miles and it just randomly stopped one day. That same squeaking issue is brought up by members in these groups quite often. Still not exactly sure what the cause is from though.
Always best to have more bed than you need, than need more bed than you have ;)

Better towing stability too and, I agree, looks better.

Didn't you add LED head and taillights to your truck?

Biggiehorn

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Always best to have more bed than you need, than need more bed than you have ;)

Better towing stability too and, I agree, looks better.

Didn't you add LED head and taillights to your truck?
Couldn't have said it better myself! 😄

Yeah he could add the LED headlights and taillights down the road if desired. Quite a bit more expensive as opposed to buying a truck from the dealer with that package already installed, but it is definitely doable. The taillights can be swapped over in minutes. The headlights are a little more involved, but not too bad of a job overall. LEDs or not, that is still a great looking ride you got there @Asayers71! Welcome!

Asayers71

Reaction score

Thanks! Ceramic coat goes a long ways. I am a contractor and wanted a standard bed and blacked out. I got super lucky finding this on the lot. I have a 2001 Cummins and 2015 Nissan nv2500 high top I also use for my business but this is more of the office truck and dropping off misc materials to my guys. I got the squeak on recording so now I need it to happen when they have it in service. It’s coming from front passenger wheel well area. I hope it goes away

Asayers71

Reaction score
Couldn't have said it better myself!

Yeah he could add the LED headlights and taillights down the road if desired. Quite a bit more expensive as opposed to buying a truck from the dealer with that package already installed, but it is definitely doable. The taillights can be swapped over in minutes. The headlights are a little more involved, but not too bad of a job overall. LEDs or not, that is still a great looking ride you got there @Asayers71! Welcome!

Thanks for the welcome! Part of me wants to spring for the headlights and taillights but I am holding off for now. Depending on how my business grows in the next year or two I may need to swap into a diesel to go along with the ol 5.9. My 3k accessories budget went into ceramic, bed cover, bed liner and full tint if I would have ordered I would have gotten the lights but it’s slim pickings on the lots and this ticked 9/10 boxes and was 10x better than the other rams, GMC, and Chevys I compared to. This had the bed, the look, upgraded stereo, 4x4, etc.

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Awesome truck! Chip shortage is to blame for no more LEDs on BHs. In fact I started a thread yesterday where I posted a pic of a brand new 2022 Laramie for sale that also didn’t have the LED headlights, that was a first for me. Sucks.
No clue about the poor MPGs but maybe due to the lift?
You can order Big Horn with LED lights.

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Must just be special dealers that get that
It could be on dealership scores. Stock orders are limited based on sales. The dealership I'm at is still selling 65-80 new vehicles a month, usually 100 plus a month.

Asayers71

Reaction score
You can order Big Horn with LED lights.

I was told they were having issues getting the LED lights and sunroof due to supply issues. How true that is, I don’t know.

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I was told they were having issues getting the LED lights and sunroof due to supply issues. How true that is, I don’t know.

My order has both of those options.

Users who are viewing this thread