5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Big Horn no LED package?

alexharrel

Reaction score
Hey guys!

I was just told there is no LED upgrade package for the Ram 1500 Big Horn today when trying to custom order one. This doesn’t seem right, so I was looking to see if anyone had already gotten a 22 Big Horn with LEDs and if maybe it’s a chip thing? I’m a novice in the truck world.

thanks

alexharrel

Reaction score
Just checked the website and it has a picture of the Big Horn with LEDs ffs

Mathis35

Reaction score
Hey guys!

I was just told there is no LED upgrade package for the Ram 1500 Big Horn today when trying to custom order one. This doesn’t seem right, so I was looking to see if anyone had already gotten a 22 Big Horn with LEDs and if maybe it’s a chip thing? I’m a novice in the truck world.

thanks
I ordered mine with the advanced lighting group. But they've since removed it as an option to order.

Scram1500

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
It's not surprising if it's true, seems like more and more options are disappearing. The sport package for the Bighorn is gone as well

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score

jmt8706

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My 22 Big Horn has the LED light package. Shortly after I ordered, they removed it from the options.

DJinBA

Reaction score
I tried to order a Big Horn and was told the Led Lighting, Ram box and Blind spot options are currently not available. I had decided on the backcountry package, level 2 and those 3 options but now that they are not available I'm struggling on what I want to do.

BluegrassMotorsport

Reaction score
They've been pulling options at random as the chip supply comes and goes. If you find a good deal that has everything except the lights, go for it. There are options out there for good lighting. But please don't put LED bulbs in your halogen housing - you will blind everyone on the road. Even though it's a more expensive route, you will get better performance for you and others by going with a projector housing. If you're okay with aftermarket, Morimoto sells the XB hybrids for far less than the OEM units and they will perform as good or probably better.

jmt8706

Ram Guru
Reaction score
are the headlights actual LED or are only the lighting on the top and bottom?
As stated, the actual low beams and high beams are LED. Same with the rear running lights, stop lights and turn signals. The high mount brake light is a regular bulb though.

cevans6318

Ram Guru
Reaction score
you can add them

seems cheaper to buy the headlamps online and then the harness seperate. infotainment was $2000, online the lamps are about $600 each. Unless what I'm researching is wrong. Plus ive read a few reviews on here that people had issues with the install from infotainment.

Lostonetoo

Reaction score
When I ordered my Back Country I wanted the premium lighting group, but it wasn't available. So now I'm trying to figure out if I want to change them out when it comes in with something else or just change out the bulb to LED and then adjust\re-aim them to where the halogen are hitting the wall at 25 feet. Looking at the GRT Utra 2 or the Lasfit for LED bulbs

alexharrel

Reaction score
Thanks for all the replies guys! I was wanting to order the back country but I’ll just wait. Regardless of the reason, it absolutely blows my mind that a $55k truck would not come with LEDs. I won’t purchase until then, but I’m looking forward to it! Hopefully the chip supply levels out.

Mathis35

Reaction score
Thanks for all the replies guys! I was wanting to order the back country but I’ll just wait. Regardless of the reason, it absolutely blows my mind that a $55k truck would not come with LEDs. I won’t purchase until then, but I’m looking forward to it! Hopefully the chip supply levels out.
Speaking from first hand experience with the backcountry and the LEDs, it's worth the wait! I'd say check with your dealer every week and also check with different dealers as well. Specifically Mark dodge in Louisianna. Sometimes it seems different dealers or different areas have access to different options. Good luck!

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You can order them with LED lights. My BackCountry was ordered 12/29 with LED. Have a dealer build one for you. As you can see from the picture I just took.

Attachments

• 20220131_153618.jpg
    20220131_153618.jpg
    179.5 KB · Views: 47

alexharrel

Reaction score
You can order them with LED lights. My BackCountry was ordered 12/29 with LED. Have a dealer build one for you. As you can see from the picture I just took.
Who is your dealer? I saw myself the same screen with my dealer and it was not an option. They even contacted RAM about it because I was willing to walk away, which I did. I call weekly to see if there is an update and even all the sales and service staff know that Bighorns can’t get premium lighting right now, and even Laramie’s are being shipped with halogens under the “value lighting package.”

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Who is your dealer? I saw myself the same screen with my dealer and it was not an option. They even contacted RAM about it because I was willing to walk away, which I did. I call weekly to see if there is an update and even all the sales and service staff know that Bighorns can’t get premium lighting right now, and even Laramie’s are being shipped with halogens under the “value lighting package.”
You can order the Laramie's with the value lighting group.

Users who are viewing this thread