5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 B.H. 1500 4x4 eTorque Lift Setup

bakerboy

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

Been trying to do as much intel as I could, thought at this point I would ask, I know obviously having the smaller motor I am taking a chance lifting and putting bigger rims/tires. How much will the truck be "hurting" from adding this setup? Should I not go 37's and just stick to 35's? Ive seen a few videos online with a similar setup and the overall MPG loss was not too bad

Background:
Daily driver, mostly street driving with some highway, will probably "off road" maybe 2-3x's a year (Glamis) in sand, will probably just drive to the back hill and park nothing crazy

Truck:
2022 B.H. 1500 4x4 with the V6 3.6l eTorque engine

Setup:
Pedal Commander
6" Ready Lift
22x12 -44
37x13.50x22 Kanati Mud Hogs

Scram1500

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
The 3.6 will struggle with 35"s. Get a Hemi and 3.92 gears (y)

JerryBsizzle

Reaction score
Ooof. At the most I would try a 3.5 Readylift SST with the lightest 35x11.50 or 285/65 tires I could get.

This is coming from someone on my second 5th gen ram with a 6" lift and 35s. No brother, you are better off not even investing the money. I didnt buy a Gladiator because of that V6. A GLADIATOR because of the minivan engine.

bakerboy

Reaction score
Yeah, I hear ya on the V6.......BUT, I will say that it does have some get up, my previous truck was a Chevy Silverado 2500 HD, I had that for 15 years and probably towed something heavy 5x's....so this time around I was more concerned about the daily MPG's.

I know I'm not gonna be having a NASCAR once I lift it, I know it will be sluggish but I'm in SoCal. not a lot of hills and like I mentioned mostly street driving.

Last edited:

bakerboy

Reaction score
The difference between 35's & 37's I'm looking at are 10lbs each.

JerryBsizzle

Reaction score
If you are talking about 60lbs to 70lbs, okay that's one thing.

If you are talking 75lbs to 85lbs then holy moly no.

ferraiolo1

Reaction score
Stick with a 3.5in lift and 34s. Find a metric size. Otherwise you’re engine will be screaming and you’ll be getting horrid mpgs.

Or a leveling kit and 33s since you’re worried about daily mpgs.

Shots

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Well the 3.6L makes 305 hp, so it's certainly capable of turning the 37's down the road but I don't think it's ability to move the truck is the issue. I suspect the bigger issue is a matter of the available toque along with the gears (3.21 or 3.55) and the subsequent effect it'll have on drivability and fuel efficiency.

I can tell you from reading a lot of threads here that even people with a V8 and 3.92's have lost anywhere from 5-10 mpg with a 6" lift and 35's. Two reasons for that are aerodynamics and the tires themselves. With a 6" lift you get a lot more wind resistance, and it does have an impact. As for the weight, I know 10 lbs doesn't seem like a lot, but when you're talking about rotational resistance in conjunction with the effective change on gearing by increasing the radius, that extra 2" and 10 lbs will make a significant difference.
I haven't done any of the math on it, but based solely on the mileage I've seen posted here, I wouldn't be surprised if your average mpg dropped under 10 with 6" lift on 37's. Drivability is very subjective so that would really come down to you so it's hard to gauge.

I guess the short version. It'll look great, no doubt about it. Just go into it knowing you're going to take a substantial hit on efficiency and it will feel different when it comes to acceleration and shifting. If you go in with realistic expectations you will be less likely to be disappointed/surprised.

bakerboy

Reaction score
Thank you for the input Shots, yes I'm very realistic with my expectations, I'm well aware what lifting/adding bigger rims and tires does, as stated I had a 2006 2500 HD Silverado that was lifted 6" w/ 20's on 35's, that truck DID get at best 12 MPG but that truck did have the 6.0L gas motor. I'm hoping that I get a little better than that because the whole time I had the HD, I always had a secondary fuel efficient vehicle, this time around my Ram is my only primary vehicle. A.T.M. I'm not driving a lot, heck I put in $50 in gas last Friday, I definitely will have to add gas today but that's almost a week of not having to put in gas! My hope is that once gas prices does go down, it will "feel" the same as now for me. If that makes sense. LoL

ferraiolo1

Reaction score
Wouldn’t surprise me if you get 12 mpg with 35s on this current truck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bakerboy

Reaction score
I'm expecting the worst but praying for the best! Looks like Ill have to drive the Harley around more! 😂🤣😂 I don't think it will be that bad, there's a few vids on Y.T. with guys running 37's that are getting 16 mixed. I was doing 50 miles one way to work but recently moved 8 miles from work LoL THAT will definitely help!

BTW, Ill have my stock rims and tires for sale next week! LoL

ferraiolo1

Reaction score
Good chance those guys never recalibrated their Speedo for the tire size which will throw off the mpg reading

bakerboy

Reaction score
No, one guy actually busted out a calculator to accommodate speedo mis-reading

ferraiolo1

Reaction score
His odometer will still be off. So hand calculating it still won’t be accurate.

Ether way let us know how it goes. But if it were me and I wanted mpgs I wouldn’t be doing anything larger than 33s.

Sal731

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Not an option at the moment
Brother put all that lift and tire money in the bank until you can get a truck that can handle a lift. I lifted my rebel and I notice a big difference in acceleration and mpg’s. Forget it. All kidding aside I should have had a 2500 with a Cummins for the 6” lift.

bakerboy

Reaction score
I wish I could, I just bought my 2022 B.H. brand new 2 months ago! Truth be told, Ill be in around $5400 for rims, tires and lift.

Users who are viewing this thread