5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 automatic parallel parking

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Other than being slow, mine worked fine the one time I tried it. I'm sure the speed could improve with practice, but I'd rather keep my own parallel parking skills in practice.

titan3636

Reaction score
mine works great! one question though... anyone found a way to get it to auto park, perpendicular, when there isn't a car on each side of the spot? like if there only one car and two blank spots, or one car and a curb or tree or something? mine will only seem to back in on its own if there are vehicles directly on both sides of my space. I did find out you can put the blinker on to tell it which side of the car you want it to find a space on tho, it seems to default to the passenger side all the time but if you put the left blinker on it'll switch to look for spots on the drivers side.

SShadow1974

Reaction score
I tried perpendicular parking once and it almost backed into a car. Luckily the emergency parking assist kicked in at the same time my foot did or I would have hit the car. I haven't tried it since. Does this actually work?

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
I tried perpendicular parking once and it almost backed into a car. Luckily the emergency parking assist kicked in at the same time my foot did or I would have hit the car. I haven't tried it since. Does this actually work?
Don't need you to control the gas and breaking during it?
It's not automated parking it only steers lol.
Would be nice if it just would angle you to the curb so you don't hit it regardless of other cars (using the 360 degree\right camera view helps with it). The OEM 22s make any touching destructive.

I always back in and have parallel parked my whole life so I always forget my truck has this "feature" since it's second nature to me.
Would be right up my wifes alley though.

cliffsta

Reaction score
I like mine when it works. Last few times I tried, it must’ve thought the space was too small. System wouldn’t pick up the space. Perpendicular that is. Haven’t had occasion to use it for parallel.

SShadow1974

Reaction score
Don't need you to control the gas and breaking during it?
It's not automated parking it only steers lol.
Would be nice if it just would angle you to the curb so you don't hit it regardless of other cars (using the 360 degree\right camera view helps with it). The OEM 22s make any touching destructive.

I always back in and have parallel parked my whole life so I always forget my truck has this "feature" since it's second nature to me.
Would be right up my wifes alley though.
Yes, I was controlling it, but I also thought it was going to turn tighter in order to avoid the other vehicle. It did not. LOL

Ceri

Reaction score
I tried it twice, and was so scared by it that I've sworn it off completely. I was panic braking at every point. It seems like it guns the gas pedal and I have zero confidence in it braking in time to avoid other cars. It would make sense if the braking part was manual, but with a new system like this I have no idea how it works. Guess I should read the manual before operating my heavy machinery with it's fancy do-dads. I'm pretty sure it controls the throttle because I sure wasn't squeaking the tires. All I felt like I was supposed to do, according to the prompts, was rotate the transmission knob.

DEG

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I tried it twice, and was so scared by it that I've sworn it off completely. I was panic braking at every point. It seems like it guns the gas pedal and I have zero confidence in it braking in time to avoid other cars. It would make sense if the braking part was manual, but with a new system like this I have no idea how it works. Guess I should read the manual before operating my heavy machinery with it's fancy do-dads. I'm pretty sure it controls the throttle because I sure wasn't squeaking the tires. All I felt like I was supposed to do, according to the prompts, was rotate the transmission knob.

According to the manual, accelerating and braking is not done by the system. It's done by the driver. All the system does is steer and tell you whether you need to be in forward or reverse gear.

Users who are viewing this thread