5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 5.7

Sig185

Reaction score
Hi all
My 2022 Ram 5.7 failed at 48,000 miles. All maintenance performed by dealer well ahead of recommended schedule. It developed a loud tick about two months before failure. The good news, Chrysler put a new motor in the truck no questions asked, paid for my rental and had it back to me in 17 days. Awesome! But now it has develop the same tick at 6000 miles on the new motor. I've taken it to the dealer three times for this tick, each time they say it's normal. My independent mechanics all say to run thicker oil. Is this really normal? Is this thicker oil safe in this motor?
Thanks

Ranman222

Reaction score
I feel your pain. My 2022 Rebel 5.7 failed at 44,000 miles. New motor now has 10,000 miles and is quiet as can be so far.

silver billet

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
You can try running Redline 5w-30, a lot of guys on the other forum run this with a royal purple 20-820 oil filter and it makes their engine quiet.

You can also send some used oil to blackstone labs to get it analyzed for wear metals. If you contact them they'll send you the container you need for free, you just have to mail it back to them.

Users who are viewing this thread