5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 5.7 stumble and popping on startup

m.hamner

Reaction score
Interested to hear the outcome of this case. Good luck and so sorry you got a bad truck.

thebearded1

Reaction score
Finally some progress has been made on FCA's part! There has been no diagnosis of the idle issue with the truck but FCA has set my appointment next week for them to buy the truck back from me. Then I have to send some paperwork to MD MVA to get the sales tax I paid back. Then after the new year I get to look for another new truck again womp womp.

I'm on the fence about sticking with RAM since i had issues in under 400 miles. But it seems this was a very limited issue since i didn't have 20 folks comment on here saying they had the same issue. Couldn't find any other posts either from other people experiencing this. I really need a truck that can reliably tow my race car 300 miles round trip so I can go to some vintage events in PA. If that wasn't an issue i'd get a 70s or 80s Dodge Ram. The car weighs about 1600lbs so with a steel trailer i'd probably be at 3600-4000lbs so i could probably use a 80s 250 but gas mileage is going to probably be in the single digits haha.

Users who are viewing this thread