5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 1500 Order Limited vs Longhorn

Fuel_Sport

Reaction score
This past month I accepted a new job where I need to order a new pickup (fleet discount) and I get reimbursed. I was originally going to do a Laramie sport with the factory 22s, but they no longer have those wheels available for 2022, only the all black 22s with the night edition which I do not like. I then made the decision I was going to do a longhorn without air ride as I am in a cold climate and don't want to have to worry about air suspension failing me. I was dead set to order then found out the advanced safety group is no longer available, but is standard on the limited with level 1 group. Building both the limited and longhorn the way that I would like on nada there is only a $1,500 difference between the two and you get advanced safety group and air suspension. Please help with my decision. 2022 ordering is frustrating and don't understand why the limited longhorn doesn't get the same options. Plus any insight on what to order to get the pickup in sooner helps too. I will be without a pickup till this one shows up.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
The Limited is the top of the line model. The Limited Longhorn is next in line. Until this year it was called the Laramie Longhorn. Ram, in their infinite wisdom, thought they would change the name to Limited Longhorn to help alleviate confusion. As predicted, all it did was change what people are confused about. I can't figure out why they don't just call it Longhorn and be done with it.

As far as your decision goes, as a Limited owner I'm a bit biased. I like the Longhorn interior, but hate chrome. I couldn't get the Night Edition package on the Longhorn so my decision was easy. I was on the fence about the air suspension, but now that I have it I'm happy with it. My advice is to go with the Limited, unless your concern about the air suspension is enough to keep you from buying a truck with it. At this point, (besides buying used) the only way to get a truck sooner is if you can find a 2021 you like on a dealer lot somewhere. Best of luck with your choice!

BowDown

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I haven't heard of a temp issue on the 5th Gen Limited's with air ride. I know last winter during Snowmagedden, I had no issues with air ride or the truck as a whole nor have I to date.
I was going to go Longhorn myself, loved the black and saddle interior, but the Limited offered too much more for less money (standard features) and the air ride. My Longhorn build to equal my current Limited was about 3K more than the limited

Royalist_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Well if you really don't want the Air Suspension, and you live in the U.S. and not Canada, you can't go with the Limited because it's standard and can't un-option it.

datammwv13

Reaction score
I have had both longhorn & limited in 1500. The air suspension had been flawless here in WV. I did like the longhorn tan & brown interior vs the black in the limited. Both of mine have been loaded with almost all options. Both of mine Longhorn & limited had air suspension. Only difference was my limited is an eco diesel & black interior vs hemi and tan interior. I do have HUD and believe it or not, i do Not like that as the dashboard reflects onto window the indentation of where HUD comes from while driving into sunshine. I am leaving the 1500 family in early January to a Longhorn 2500 Cummins.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread