5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 1500 Laramie Led fog lights not working

Vierra96744

Reaction score
Hello,
Recently purchased a ‘22 Laramie with the factory led fog lights and they do not seem to turn on. Yes the dash light for the fog comes on, yes the high beams are off, no it’s not the cargo bed light (which works), and yes all the other lights work perfectly fine. I also went behind both of the fogs to check the connections which seem to be intact but I haven’t got a multimeter to it yet. While under there I noticed that the parking sensors seem to be running off the same relay harness that the fog lights come and my front sensors have a service required message for them. Could that be why they don’t light up?
Any help would be appreciated. Thank you
Anyone else experiencing this issue?

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Hello,
Recently purchased a ‘22 Laramie with the factory led fog lights and they do not seem to turn on. Yes the dash light for the fog comes on, yes the high beams are off, no it’s not the cargo bed light (which works), and yes all the other lights work perfectly fine. I also went behind both of the fogs to check the connections which seem to be intact but I haven’t got a multimeter to it yet. While under there I noticed that the parking sensors seem to be running off the same relay harness that the fog lights come and my front sensors have a service required message for them. Could that be why they don’t light up?
Any help would be appreciated. Thank you
Anyone else experiencing this issue?
Sounds like there's a problem with the harness further down. If you're getting issues with both the fog lights and the parking sensors.

Wirerat

Reaction score
There is a big plug on the left (drivers) side of bumper. Park sensor and fog light wires pass through it. It is easy to get to with the small splash shield out of the way or from under the truck.

I would check that connection out. If it's connected. Try disconnecting and make sure all the pins are in order and no debris. Then re connect and test.

Last edited:

Vierra96744

Reaction score
There a big plug on the left (drivers) side of bumper. Park sensor and fog light wires pass through it. It is easy to get to with the small splash shield out of the way or from under the truck.

I would check that connection out. If it's connected. Try disconnecting and make sure all the pins are in order and no debris. Then re connect and test.
Thank you for the information, I will try disconnecting the main harness as I only disconnected the actual one behind the physical fog light itself. Also forgot to mention the truck is lifted 3.5” and on 35s. I’m pretty sure it’s not calibrated for them. I think I read somewhere that the park sense shuts off if it isn’t calibrated for the tires.
Thanks again

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Thank you for the information, I will try disconnecting the main harness as I only disconnected the actual one behind the physical fog light itself. Also forgot to mention the truck is lifted 3.5” and on 35s. I’m pretty sure it’s not calibrated for them. I think I read somewhere that the park sense shuts off if it isn’t calibrated for the tires.
Thanks again
It only shutoff because the speed isn't calibrated so it thinks the truck is moving faster than it is. ParkSense only works below a certain speed.

Wirerat

Reaction score
Thanks again
Yes you need to program your new tire size. That wouldn't break the fog lights though.

Maybe that plug was jarred/bumped loose when lift/tires installed. Definitely take a look there.

Vierra96744

Reaction score
Yes you need to program your new tire size. That wouldn't break the fog lights though.

Maybe that plug was jarred/bumped loose when lift/tires installed. Definitely take a look there.
Unplugged the main harness and tried again, still no luck. Hopefully the whole harness isn’t fried

Vierra96744

Reaction score
Trying to find a wiring diagram but looks okay to me from the outside

Attachments

• IMG_1591.jpeg
    IMG_1591.jpeg
    117.6 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_1592.jpeg
    IMG_1592.jpeg
    97.4 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_1593.jpeg
    IMG_1593.jpeg
    99.2 KB · Views: 19
Reaction score
this is front fascia connector plugs and pin , these are for a 2021 i am not sure if they changed for 2022

Attachments

• XY100A - ALLDATA diy.pdf
    108.9 KB · Views: 9
  • XY100A - ALLDATA diy2.pdf
    110.1 KB · Views: 5
  • Park Assist System (Collision Avoidance and Parking Assist Systems) - ALLDATA diy.pdf
    234.5 KB · Views: 5
  • Headlights - Premium (Headlamp) - ALLDATA diy.pdf
    184.7 KB · Views: 6

Users who are viewing this thread