5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 1500 Ecodiesel issue

GJC

Reaction score
2022 Ram 1500 Limited 3L Ecodiesel… 21 k miles. Started noticing a very brief shuddering sensation when accelerating from a stop. This does not happen all the time, but it seems to be getting more frequent. Kinda feels like the rear wheels have lost traction on some loose gravel or something. This only lasts 1-2 seconds. It does not feel like it is in the motor. Feels like 1st gear is slipping, or something going on in the rear end. Engine seems to be smooth at all times and transmission seems to shift fine otherwise. Has similar issue been discussed here? Suggestions?
Thanks,
JC

c_bass16

Reaction score
Have you seen the recall for the high pressure fuel pump that has a 4-6 mo backorder on parts

Triton63

Reaction score
I’ve had that happen twice trying to merge onto the Highway. Felt almost like the converter was slipping or maybe clutch packs in the trans. Couldn’t see the while it was happening to know if frp was cutting out. Never did figure out what it was though. Hasn’t happened in a year or so now. Would be curious if you find out

2021EcoDiesel

Reaction score
Have you brought the truck in for the little DEF inducement reprogramming that they needed to do? The recall code is Y81, but that eliminated any throttle hesitation that my truck had from the factory. This doesn't sound exactly like the "Dead Pedal" problem, but without sitting in the truck with you I couldn't say for certain. I understand you said it doesn't feel engine related, but these trucks have more computer systems than the moon landing, and they all need to communicate perfectly to get the wheels rolling. It might be something as small as a loose wheel speed sensor...
Regardless I would consider setting up an appointment at the dealer and see if they can get the truck act up, or if they can update the ECM/PCM, or at least scan the truck and make sure there are no hidden codes or gremlins. As inconvenient as it may be, it's probably best to let them know you're having an issue earlier rather than later.
Keep us posted on what goes on!

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
2022 Ram 1500 Limited 3L Ecodiesel… 21 k miles. Started noticing a very brief shuddering sensation when accelerating from a stop. This does not happen all the time, but it seems to be getting more frequent. Kinda feels like the rear wheels have lost traction on some loose gravel or something. This only lasts 1-2 seconds. It does not feel like it is in the motor. Feels like 1st gear is slipping, or something going on in the rear end. Engine seems to be smooth at all times and transmission seems to shift fine otherwise. Has similar issue been discussed here? Suggestions?
Thanks,
JC

Hello,

Thank you for sharing your vehicle concern with us. Our team would like to know more about the slipping issue that you're having with your vehicle. Please send our team a PM, we'd be happy to look further into this.

William
Ram Cares

Someolddude

Reaction score
I have noted the dead pedal and shuddering sensation on my new (to me) 2020 while driving it for the few months before having its recalls performed. Just had the recalls taken care of (exc HP fuel pump, on order). The Y81 update included some powertrain programming as well as def inducement changes. Specifically, "Update the powertrain control module software. Inspect and Reprogram PCM 18-Y8-11-82." Detail on my service ticket.
I must admit, the vehicle is behaving much more like I would expect now from a diesel. More grunt, less downshift. Feels like it should. Also have not noted the dead pedal or shuddering sensation since.
So maybe...?

tcassavaugth

Reaction score
Thanks,
JC
my 2022 Ram Echo-diesel is in the shop now for the same issue. they have had it 2.5 days to try and replicate the problem. gonna call today and find out whats going on.

Users who are viewing this thread