5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 1500 Air Suspension Question

Rammmer

Reaction score
I just took possession of my new Ram 1500 Limited, just built a month ago. I am concerned it was delivered with a fault in the air suspension system.

The front air bags are deflating after the vehicle in turned off for a few hours, despite being set in normal configutation. I have seen the system say air suspension cooling down when driving, which indicates to me that the comrpessor is working overtime because there is a leak in the system.

Is this a normal or does it sound like a defect?

Bpebler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have almost 25k on my 22 air suspension & have never seen a “cooling down” alert on my dash.

Rammmer

Reaction score
Beautiful, need to take it to the dealer right out of the factory Oh well, appreciate the quick replies.

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk

deepc6

Reaction score
I had a similar issue with my 2016, it turned out to be the temperature switch located near the compressor.
i told the dealership this however they had to diagnose it themselves, they had my truck for 3 months and changed $20+K of parts before actuallly changing the $200 part.

Rammmer

Reaction score
I had a similar issue with my 2016, it turned out to be the temperature switch located near the compressor.
i told the dealership this however they had to diagnose it themselves, they had my truck for 3 months and changed $20+K of parts before actuallly changing the $200 part.
Wow. This is brand new under warranty so I shouldn't be responsible for anything payment wise I would hope. But I don't want to not have it for months. That sounds crazy.

Kooch80

Reaction score
I have had similar experiences with a different Chrysler product. It's frustrating

Rammmer

Reaction score
I have had similar experiences with a different Chrysler product. It's frustrating
My brand new truck is now stuck in my garage for the next two weeks at least until I can get an appointment at a dealer. Now the air suspension is not level side to side so hopefully I can still drive it by the time I need to. I definitely don't want to deal with being on the hook for a tow truck.

None of these dealers have loaners either so I'm out of pocket for transportation back and forth, in addition to having to schedule around work. Not what I expected when I bought a new truck!

Gillytickle

Reaction score
They
My brand new truck is now stuck in my garage for the next two weeks at least until I can get an appointment at a dealer. Now the air suspension is not level side to side so hopefully I can still drive it by the time I need to. I definitely don't want to deal with being on the hook for a tow truck.

None of these dealers have loaners either so I'm out of pocket for transportation back and forth, in addition to having to schedule around work. Not what I expected when I bought a new truck!
They should be able to get you a rental. I got one for the last 5 weeks so they can give me a new engine at 1500 miles lol.

deepc6

Reaction score
Wow. This is brand new under warranty so I shouldn't be responsible for anything payment wise I would hope. But I don't want to not have it for months. That sounds crazy.

Mine was also covered under the warranty so I didn’t pay for it. I just sucked not having my truck for so long.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread