5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 with uConnect 5?

Nfenton94086

Reaction score
I just put in an order for a 2021 1500 Limited. Will these include uConnect 5? Dealer doesn’t seem to know.

piening2150

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ugh I figured. Any idea when they’ll start building trucks with uConnect?
Nope. But I wouldn't be surprised if it showed up for '22 along with a few other tweaks. Some here are hoping for a mid year '21 update, but I doubt it.

Nfenton94086

Reaction score
Nope. But I wouldn't be surprised if it showed up for '22 along with a few other tweaks. Some here are hoping for a mid year '21 update, but I doubt it.
that makes me feel a little better. i just dont want my truck to come off the line and the one right behind it getting uconnect 5 lol. thats me being a little selfish :)

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
that makes me feel a little better. i just dont want my truck to come off the line and the one right behind it getting uconnect 5 lol. thats me being a little selfish :)
If it were me I’d wait, but if you need a truck right now than you’re stuck with whatever it comes with. It could be a mid-year refresh. No one knows for sure.

Nfenton94086

Reaction score
If it were me I’d wait, but if you need a truck right now than you’re stuck with whatever it comes with. It could be a mid-year refresh. No one knows for sure.
i was considering that. just dont know if i want to put up the fight with my non refundable 1,500 deposit. if it were a 100% digital cluster, thats a different story lol.

rc28

Reaction score
i wonder if Ram would consider vouchers for 2020 or 2021 Limited purchases to upgrade to the uconnect 5 system (when available) by just swapping out the information system? That way folks wouldn't have to wait to purchase

gHiDoRa

Ram Guru
Reaction score
somehow i can feel this will be upgradable and Infotainment will charge arm & leg for this.

Moparian

Ram Guru
Reaction score
somehow i can feel this will be upgradable and Infotainment will charge arm & leg for this.
Infotainment is stupidly overpriced. As long as it doesnt require a special or custom wiring harness then it shouldnt be too terrible to source everything on your own.

FCA typically does MCA's 3 years in so I would not expect UC5 until '22 MY at the earliest. So this time next year if they are going to do it on that schedule.

RogueFive

Reaction score
Anyone heard any updates?

For me, infotainment and wireless carplay is the only thing holding me up.

Want to get rid of this Ford!

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I’ll be very surprised if they switch before a refresh (maybe MY 2022). Stranger things have happened...

piening2150

Ram Guru
Reaction score
'21s have only been getting to dealers for a month or so (and don't have Uconnect 5). You won't hear anything about '22 updates (and the possible inclusion of U5) until maybe spring/summer of '21.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
I’ll be very surprised if they switch before a refresh (maybe MY 2022). Stranger things have happened...
Totally agree. I was hoping for the 2021 MY, but that obviously did not happen.

Users who are viewing this thread