5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 with 37's Lift Kit Brand, Size, and Mods Needed?

Crazy Eye 24

Reaction score
I have ordered a 2021 Ram 1500 4x4 Sport with the Off-Road Package. I want to put 37's on it and am wondering which lift kit brand and size would be needed for this and what modifications I would need to make for it. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

westcoastram

Reaction score
I have a 2019 1500 Laramie and added the Zone 6" IFS lift kit, 37" Nitto Ridge Grapplers w/ 20x10 Fuel Hostage -18. It rubbed a bit, but after some trimming it drives great now.
Definitely lost some power and MPG, but added a Pedal Commander for when I need the extra oomph and can put it in Eco mode for better mileage.
My speedometer was out by quite a bit, so I ordered a Tazer DT and adjusted the Speedo to suit the tires. You can also use other speedo calibrators which are less expensive, but I liked the extra features of the Tazer DT.

Hope that helps.

FishOn

Reaction score
After tons of research, I just ordered the BDS 6" Coil over lift to run 37's. What gears are coming with your truck? Mine came with 3.21 and that's my only concern when I go to 37's in a few weeks It's on 35's now. If you can order the 3.92 now, its WAAAY cheaper to get it done ahead of time. It's something like $100 when you order it with the truck, Im getting quotes around $1800 after the fact. Otherwise, Pedal Commander/Tuner/etc can help get it out of the hole. There's an Edge Pulsar sitting here, waiting for the lift install...

westcoastram

Reaction score
I'm running 3.92 gears. It's definitely sluggish off the line, but I added a pedal commander recently and it makes a huge difference.

FishOn

Reaction score
Dang... I've been going back and forth on what it'll take to keep it peppy after the 37's. That's another vote for 4.10s if the Pulsar/intake/etc don't keep her HOT off the line!

westcoastram

Reaction score
I'd go 4.56 if you're going to be changing gears because of 37's . Are you towing much? 3.92 vs 4.10 isn't much of a difference

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Dang... I've been going back and forth on what it'll take to keep it peppy after the 37's. That's another vote for 4.10s if the Pulsar/intake/etc don't keep her HOT off the line!
Not possible at the moment. The front differential has the carrier welded in instead of it being bolted. Can't do a simple gear swap. No way to go to anything higher than a factory 3.92. There was somebody on the forums a while back that had it figured out and was selling custom front differentials for 4.10s and 4.56s but they were costly. I'm trying to figure out the same thing right now because I want 37s down the road to go with my 6" lift. The rear gears can be swapped out as usual, but the front complicates things.

Overland_Rebel_ATL

Reaction score
Nothing offically confirmed for them 21‘s yet. Ive been talking to BDS trying to test their 2020 6 inch kit.

Users who are viewing this thread