5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 w/ RamBox, MFT, and Tonneau cover

1ramrunner

Reaction score
I am able to order Night Edition without the factory cover. If I want it, I have to add it and pay for it.

heliinstructor

Reaction score
I am able to order Night Edition without the factory cover. If I want it, I have to add it and pay for it.

That’s what I have done also. I’m waiting for dealer confirmation that I will get the silver rails as I plan on ordering the Bakflip MX4. Now just 14 more weeks of waiting for delivery .

tobyd

Reaction score
Besides color, is there any difference between the silver and black rails? And if so, for what reason?

UnloosedChewtoy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
From the research I've done:

Ramboxes and BUG without factory tonneau gives you the silver rails.

Ramboxes and BUG with the factory tonneau gives you the black rails.

I thought the black rails only come if you order the MOPAR tonneau cover? Someone mentioned getting black rails because they ordered the Bed Utility Group. Is it a coin toss as to whether a factory order comes with silver vs black rails??

Got a wrench to maybe throw into the mix here. May be different for 2021, but mine has the Ramboxes, BUG, and factory Mopar tri-fold tonneau cover, and I have the silver rails.

PaulieWalnutz

Reaction score
I have a 2020 Rebel Black Package with MFT, Ramboxes and BUG. Mine has the silver rails and the Bakflip MX4 fits perfectly.
Hey I just installed mine with ram boxes.. I’m curious how did you weatherstop the area between the end of rambox and tailgate? It seems like backflip should have included extra weatherstripping for that area.

Jakley

Reaction score
Hey I just installed mine with ram boxes.. I’m curious how did you weatherstop the area between the end of rambox and tailgate? It seems like backflip should have included extra weatherstripping for that area.
I actually haven’t done anything to that area yet. I might try something when the weather warms up.

Mic13

Reaction score
Sorry for the late response....hope this helps. Silver Rail Part #’s: Right Side - 68027048AD Left Side - 68027049AD

Users who are viewing this thread